Exploded TEXT moving at a different location?

amcutem

Hi guys, can someone help me figure out why after I explode my text, it changes size and moves away from where I had it placed?

It also gets a lot bigger after I explode it and I have to scale it down to fit?

Any clues?

Thanks

Hi guys, can someone help me figure out why after I explode my text, it changes size and moves away from where I had it placed?

It also gets a lot bigger after I explode it and I have to scale it down to fit?

Any clues?

Thanks

Are you exploding text or are you exploding a block consisting of text? Ive had text elements change when there were in a block before.

Any clues?

Thanks

And so, anything?

Im exploding the text because i want to turn it into an object so that i can subtract and cut through or extrude the text for using it on keychains that I 3D print for friends and anything I want to have a text on.

Im I not doing it the proper way?

For some reason, I can grasp most of the context about CAD, but my brain smokes when It comes to knowing the difference between annotative and standard? I think im gonna read that chapter over.:cry:

I've uploaded 2 photos.

Basically, It's just extra work I have to do to look for it and scale it back down. I think there was a time that it didn't do it.

I'm sorry if the photos are upside down, they weren't on my phone???

But you get the Idea

20150630_010303.jpg

20151109_011317.jpg

20151109_012336.jpg

How was the text created? Is it plain text or multiline text?

If it were "annotative" I don't see why you wouldn't know it.

I don't see what the big deal is. So the text moved when you exploded it. Big deal. Reposition the text and get on with your project. There are more important things to worry about.

The text were created in Multi line.

Actually at first I thought the explosion wasn't working because the text would just dissappear, then I executed zoom extents and luckily, I found the exploded text way over Mars, no where near close where I exploded it.

Also, I have been dealing with it, sorry if it's a stupid question.???

I just thought maybe it's just a box I need to check on one of the menus. Buts it's fine, I can deal with it.

Thanks for the honest advice. I really don't know what's a big deal yet when it comes to autocad.

Gotcha.

If it were "annotative" I don't see why you wouldn't know it.
Because we're in the beginner's forum? I try to ask if the gas tank is empty first, then get to the hard stuff.:P

I mentioned it because there is an OOTB annotative test style already set up these days, and beginners will use it without knowing what it is.

When exploded, which removes the annotative properties, annotative text can change size if the current view annotative scale is different than 1:1 at which annotative text height is usually set by default. The annotative scale in modelspace can be changed at will, probably so the user can view annotative objects at viewport scale without going to the layout tabs. It will also move to its original position. Annotative text objects can be moved to different positions for each scale in the different viewports, so it will jump to its original location after losing the annotative property.

To the OP. To find out of your text is or is not annotative, select it, and check PROPERTIES, look here.....

Untitled.jpg

:love::popcorn::D

Nothing Dana, this one is on me. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and got sensitive on ReMark although he was one of the first person that welcomed me.

Now I feel like crap. You are not alone:oops:

Edited by amcutem

I bear you no hard feelings. The side of the bed I woke up on faced a wall. Got a quick gob-smack right in the kisser first thing this a.m. We're cool. :)

I see your pit and raise you a blind Shepard :)
That's funny, not for the Shep of course. That must be a bit of a challenge. I admire people who can keep with special needs animals. Mine will never be given up, no matter how broken she becomes. We used to have a Bluetick 'Coon Hound who crossed the bridge in 2010 at the age of 16. The last two years of his life, he was blind and deaf, and could just barely get outside to potty, but he was comfy & happy to his last day. Looks like the Shepherd has a seein' eye staffie mix there.

That's funny, not for the Shep of course. That must be a bit of a challenge. I admire people who can keep with special needs animals. Mine will never be given up, no matter how broken she becomes. We used to have a Bluetick 'Coon Hound who crossed the bridge in 2010 at the age of 16. The last two years of his life, he was blind and deaf, and could just barely get outside to potty, but he was comfy & happy to his last day. Looks like the Shepherd has a seein' eye staffie mix there.

We initially rescued the Shepard because he had one bad eye and knew his days were numbered if we didn't take him. We found out later that his "good" eye was cataract to the point of initial stages of blindness. Its sad some times but he is a lot of fun cause he runs into stuff all the time. Its not fun that he does it, but since he does it any way you have to laugh. He is heavily compensated with love and treats though. He is so full of puppy energy its just a shame that he cant run it out. That's why we rescued our pit. She was a little aggressive with other dogs because she would get too excited and trigger the other dogs to fight, but with the Shepard he cant see well enough to take it to the next level so she doesn't get over excited. its an odd mix but they have a blast together. This is thier graduation night from obedience school :cry: they grow up so fast

We initially rescued the Shepard because he had one bad eye and knew his days were numbered if we didn't take him. We found out later that his "good" eye was cataract to the point of initial stages of blindness. Its sad some times but he is a lot of fun cause he runs into stuff all the time. Its not fun that he does it, but since he does it any way you have to laugh. He is heavily compensated with love and treats though. He is so full of puppy energy its just a shame that he cant run it out. That's why we rescued our pit. She was a little aggressive with other dogs because she would get too excited and trigger the other dogs to fight, but with the Shepard he cant see well enough to take it to the next level so she doesn't get over excited. its an odd mix but they have a blast together. This is thier graduation night from obedience school :cry: they grow up so fast
Love it. They were born for each other.