Create outdoor - Sketchup

Madruga_SP

Hi all,

How are you?

I have a condominium entry file from sketchup and I like to add a outdoor.

I'm begginner in sketchup and I need some help.

Thank in advance.

Fabricio

Sorry guys,:oops:

I was a little bit busy, lately.

I'm working in a project in infraworks software, the software is able to insert a .dae file.

and I trying to create a outdoor in the Sketchup.

But I don't know how to do that. I tried without sucess.

I'll be really happy with you help me out.

I'm attaching the imagem of the outdoor.

Thank in advance

Fabricio

logo.jpg

OUTDOOR.jpg

The image didn't seem to come across Fabricio. What exactly are you having trouble with? We are going to need some more information ;)

Hi,

I'd like something like that image.

Thank you

Typically, when creating a still image like this, I would render my model from the same angle as the photo and then composite the final image in Photoshop. It's much faster and easier to do it this way than building the whole thing in 3D. This video is a good example: https://vimeo.com/91315595

But, if you're going to be doing an animated fly through, or if you need the ability to rotate around and see everything from different views, you will need to build the whole thing in 3D. I don't do much in Sketchup, so I can't really help you with this, but maybe f700es will have some suggestions.

Typically, when creating a still image like this, I would render my model from the same angle as the photo and then composite the final image in Photoshop. It's much faster and easier to do it this way than building the whole thing in 3D. This video is a good example: https://vimeo.com/91315595

But, if you're going to be doing an animated fly through, or if you need the ability to rotate around and see everything from different views, you will need to build the whole thing in 3D. I don't do much in Sketchup, so I can't really help you with this, but maybe f700es will have some suggestions.

Hi Cad64

Awesome video!!

I'm going to study about it.

Thanks for the tip.

The billboard itself is pretty easy as it is just a cylinder, some rectangles and some gussets/flanges at the bottom. The grass and trees will be a problem and should be handled with a 3rd party rendering engine. Vue Esprit would be a good solution for this imho.

Vue Esprit would be a good solution for this imho.

I'll 2nd that recommendation. I have Vue Complete and it is designed specifically for environments. You can import your .dae file directly into Vue and bypass Sketchup completely.