• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elly26

• RobDraw

• Cad64

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, now I understand. I only have 4 drawings open so I don't see that "More Windows" option, but I do remember seeing that before when I had a lot of drawings open.

But like I said, I don't think there is anything you can do about the order that the drawings are sorted. I think they display in the order they were opened and I don't know of any way to change that.

I agree. Have not heard of a way to change the order of that list. Just have to plan ahead and open them one by one in the order that you want them on that list.

Unless one has the Menu Bar activated, and not everyone does, users would not see the Window pull-down menu or anything that comes after it like "More Windows". AFAIK the order cannot be changed. It is what it is.

What difference, other than your own preference, does it make what order the drawings are listed in? What were you hoping to ultimately accomplish? Does it have anything to do with shaving mere milliseconds off of a task?

Please check:

I just opened your zip file and checked the images. It looks like the drawings are listed in the order that you want them. Did you open them in that order or did you find a way to re-order the list?

ReMark, picture opening like 30 to 40 drawings at a time to either print or "PDF". It would save a whole of time wasted if I get them in order searching for them from small to largest.

Cad64, that was a fluke haha, no idea.

Well, like I said before, I don't know of any way to change the way Autocad sorts drawings in that list. I believe it just displays them in the order they were opened, so if you want them to display in a specific order you will need to open them in that order.

picture opening like 30 to 40 drawings at a time to either print or "PDF".

There are automated options to get this accomplished. Look into PUBLISH. AutoCAD will open and print them all for you. You can print to paper, single page PDFs, a multi-page PDF, sort the list as you please, and save the list.

Hi Rob,

I am aware of the Publish command, but unfortunately it does not have the "Preview" option when you do it. Which is quite important instead of having to go back and check the printed documents or PDFs.