When you have lots of Drawings open

Elly26

Can someone tell me how to sort out the "Windows" task pane when you have say 10 different drawings open, they are named: E01, E02, M01, M02, H01, H02.

I want it to show the drawings in order such as E01, E02 then H01, H02. At the moment it just shows them randomly. Is there any way of doing this?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elly26

• RobDraw

• Cad64

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi RobDraw,

Explain how you mean "Drag and Drop"

Let me paint a picture for you.

I open say like 10 different drawings, they have the names E01, E02, M02, M03, E03, E04

Then when I click the Window tab on the top right, it has the list of drawings open:

It shows it as:

E01

E02

M02

M03

E03

how do I make it so it goes

E01

E02

E03

M02

M03

Drag = Hover over the drawing that you would like to move. Press left mouse button and hold. Move cursor to desired location.

Drop = Release the left mouse button.

I don't know if this will work for you or not. It's just the first thing that I would try.

Sorry Explain?

Are you talking about the recent files list under the File button, or the Files Tabs within the AutoCad upper menu bar?

The Files Tabs default to order opened, but can be ordered any way you like by drag&drop. The Recent Files list on the Files button cannot be altered, except by quantity in your Options menu.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Well, it looks like they have made some improvements to that list in the last 5 years. That is the Recent Drawings list you get when you click the AutoCad icon in the upper left corner, right?

My version looks like this, with lots of sort options. I guess my only answer at this point is that I can do it, and you can't. Nannynanny Booboo. :lol:

Sorry, I can't be of more help here.

Untitled.jpg

Hi RobDraw,

Explain how you mean "Drag and Drop"

Let me paint a picture for you.

I open say like 10 different drawings, they have the names E01, E02, M02, M03, E03, E04

Then when I click the Window tab on the top right, it has the list of drawings open:

It shows it as:

E01

E02

M02

M03

E03

how do I make it so it goes

E01

E02

E03

M02

M03

are you opening them all at once (highlighting them all and right click open)? if so try selecting them one at a time and open them in the order you need them.

Are you using Autocad or something else?

Can you post a screen shot so we can see your program interface instead of an isolated window? I don't think any of us know what the "Windows" button on the top right is. :unsure:

Where is the "Windows" button on the top right that pops up that window you're showing in your earlier post? What you're showing now is the Window Menu which is quite different from what you were showing previously. It's important that we know exactly what you're talking about, although I don't think you can do anything about the order in which the drawings are sorted. I believe it sorts them in the order they were opened. If you want them to display in a specific order, maybe you should open the drawings in that order.