Auto trim to be done while placing blocks on lines

narendra

Hi

Every one I have to place no. of valves (blocks) on lines every time I am trimming lines behind the blocks it is taking more time is there any way to auto trim lines behind block while placed on lines. Look at attached jpeg.

valves.jpg

Forum member and lisp guru Lee Mac has created a lisp routine that might be of interest to you. It's called Automatic Block Break and it can be found here...

http://lee-mac.com/autoblockbreak.html

Another way to handle the problem is to use the Snap and Grid options but this would mean the width of all of your blocks would have to be the same.

rob,

I have already made wipeout but while copying blocks to other drawings wipeouts are not showing in other drawings and while panning lines visible under blocks, I want to trim permanently lines under blocks

rob,

I have already made wipeout but while copying blocks to other drawings wipeouts are not showing in other drawings and while panning lines visible under blocks, I want to trim permanently lines under blocks

That is because the block definitions are probably already in the other drawings, and the wipeouts were not done in them. See Post #2 for your solution.

while panning lines visible under blocks, I want to trim permanently lines under blocks

Unless you print while you are panning, lines showing up while doing this is a none issue.

So, you came across a stumbling block. Instead of making a more intelligent solution work, you give up and want to opt for something that actually requires more work. That's your choice. I've done plenty of one-line drawings over the years and much prefer blocks with wipeouts over trimming.

do wipeouts work properly now?

i used to do similar but had to use a solid white hatch under the geometry & as with RobDraw's method, this worked a treat for years.

I use LeeMac's LISP now. a nicer solution IMO.

thank you remark,

my all blocks are same in width could you tell me what is the another way

What is the width?

Are you familiar with the SNAP and GRID commands?

rob,

The lines under wipeouts will ALWAYS be visible when panning or manipulating a wipeout in any way. Wipeouts are a very large load for your video processor, so they are put to sleep, so to speak, while they are moving across the screen.

Forum member and lisp guru Lee Mac has created a lisp routine that might be of interest to you. It's called Automatic Block Break and it can be found here...

http://lee-mac.com/autoblockbreak.html

Another way to handle the problem is to use the Snap and Grid options but this would mean the width of all of your blocks would have to be the same.

thanks remark,

guru Lee Mac lisp routine is working nice......But as he is mentioned in the link regarding custom program I am not aware of lisp, routine is suitable for my need but I am placing blocks pickimg from tool pallete in that case this routine is not supporting (ABB lisp routine), could you please help me to modify lisp routine to support picking blocks from tool pallete.

naren