Autocad requirements

Bacon

What's up folks!

I am new arround the forums and i would like some help.

In school i will star using autocad and 3ds Max and i'd like to know if my pc can run the program smothly.

Here are my specs:

Intel i7 5500u at 2.4 GHz

Nvidea Geforce 920m

8Gb ram

Windows 10 64bit

1366x768

Thank you!:)

Because the OP will be faced with this issue in class, of course.

“Our goal is to make a pilot forget they are in a flight simulator. With the Quadro M6000, we saw a 100 percent performance improvement over the previous generation, allowing us to render an extreme number of geo-specific models while maintaining a 60Hz frame rate at 4K resolution. This allows us to greatly enhance scenes with details like shadows and reflections on runways and water — visual fidelity that helps pilots to suspend their disbelief.” — Tim Woodard, Diamond Visionics

3dmax eats lots of graphic card power when rendering. Quadro is the only way to go if u are planing to get pro

I run Studio Max 2016 on a GeForce GTX 570 card with no problems. And the OP is a student, not a pro, so it's doubtful they will be need a high end Quadro card.

I think the bigger issues will be the 8gb of RAM and the 2.4 Ghz processor.

Also, I believe the OP is using a Notebook or a Laptop, not a PC as they mentioned:

GeForce 920m: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-920m

Because the OP will be faced with this issue in class, of course.

Oh, well in that case, I hope you've got deep pockets. You're going to need a lot of dinero to put together that system. :(

Don't know about 3dmax, but with AutoCAD the OP is probabaly going to have to suck it and see IMO.

i run AutoCAD in 2D & 3D with a >10yr old semi-budget PC (built with CAD in mind) & all is good for me, but others struggle with a modern 'high-end' system.

IMO graphics card is king.

Oh, well in that case, I hope you've got deep pockets. You're going to need a lot of dinero to put together that system. :(
But that would be at the University of Area 51, DARPA Hanger. :lol:

But that would be at the University of Area 51, DARPA Hanger. :lol:

Why don't they just use the computers on the crashed space ships they have in storage? Everyone knows the aliens have the best technology. :alien:

Why don't they just use the computers on the crashed space ships they have in storage? Everyone knows the aliens have the best technology. :alien:
Because there core processor is biomatter and died in the crash.