How to separate to layer in layout ?

rajivkha2007

Hello all,

i have received one CAD drawing, in drawing, two plan is arrange one above another (two layer) in model. but when i switch it to layout, two window is there with both layer separately. how they did it ???

We need to see the dwg to give a definate answer, as a guess I would say they used the layer manager, when you are in a layout and make a viewport active there is the option in a column of the layermanager to freeze layers for that viewport, and can be changed for each viewport seperately. The column has the header 'VP Freeze'. There are other options available as well like changing color of layers just in a viewport.

Two viewports and each showed objects that were on different layers? Easy. They used the ability to freeze layers in a viewport which can be found in the Layer Properties Manager.