internal error saveres.cpp@154

anteater

Then it's time to attach a copy of the drawing to a post. Do it. Now.

Seems I missed a couple of your posts re: file size. Post your email address on my Profile page under Visitor Messages. I'll contact you shortly.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anteater

• ReMark

• CAD USER

• KEG

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no problem saving the drawing you sent me.

Are you on a network or a stand-alone workstation?

Is the drawing inside a folder with other saved drawings?

You can delete your visitor message now since I have your email.

i'm connected to a network and the file is alone in the folder. The file you sent me works now ... i can save it :) Thank you for all your help bro... really appreciate it :)

You're entirely welcomed. :)

For the benefit of anyone else who reads this thread.

I think the problem was entirely on the OP's end for some unknown reason. However, since the he went through all the trouble of emailing me a copy of the drawing in question I felt I should actually do something with it. I ran the Overkill, -Purge (twice: once re: regapps and second re: All) then the Audit commands. Finally I saved the drawing under a new name in 2010 file format. I reopened the original file and immediately did a "saveas" under a new name and that worked too. I can't explain why the OP had a problem and I didn't. AutoCAD works in mysterious ways. Sa la vie.

• 5 years later...

Close out file and open another dwg file and try to save. Should work which will show the file itself is corrupted.

Simply open file and turn all layers on, select everything an copy to clip board. (do this before an auto save) Close file. Open a clean file and paste your work.

If you are working with a ton of xrefs and underlays - STOP DOING THAT and keep it as  simple as possible.