Publish error

squareknees

I don't know if anyone else has this issue but since my support and Autodesk couldn't figure it out maybe it can be figured out here.

When I am drafting I have multiple drawings open, I tend to copy and paste between drawings. This has caused an issue when I am publishing a finished drawing. When I have multiple drawings open and I try to publish, all of the drawings are listed as unsaved drawing. (unsaved drawing1, unsaved drawing2, etc.)

I have to close the dialog box and save the drawing that I want to publish, and if I don't do anything between saving and opening the publish command the drawing will be listed and I can delete all of the other pages that are listed. I thought once that I would go through and save all of the drawings then in the drawing that I wanted to print I would save that last. When opening the publish dialog box the only drawing listed correctly was the last one I saved.

The weird part is that when I have only one drawing open, it doesn't matter if I have saved or not it will list the drawing by name.

I know this is not an issue that will kill AutoCAD but it bugs the crap out of me and I want it to stop doing it.

unsaved.jpg

I've never seen that "Unsaved" prefix and I use publish a lot when I'm printing. I do not "Automatically load all open drawings", though. I'll try to recreate what you have in the morning to find a cause.

Thanks you so much!!!!

I totally forgot that I had that set. It is VERY rare that I have to plot more then one drawing's layout tabs so I just removed the 'automatically load all open drawing' and now it works (I wish AutoCAD support would have thought of that). I don't have to save the drawing before plotting, and it will just add the tabs from the drawing that I am in. Which are listed with the drawing name and makes it easier because I plot to pdf first and I with the other quirks in the publish command I have to name after it is sent, hey maybe that will be fixed too? I don't care how long I have worked with AutoCAD I can break it like no one's business! When AutoCAD support know you by your first name and dread your requests for assistance you know you have worked in AutoCAD too long!!

Thanks Again

Thanks you so much!!!!

I totally forgot that I had that set. It is VERY rare that I have to plot more then one drawing's layout tabs so I just removed the 'automatically load all open drawing' and now it works (I wish AutoCAD support would have thought of that). I don't have to save the drawing before plotting, and it will just add the tabs from the drawing that I am in. Which are listed with the drawing name and makes it easier because I plot to pdf first and I with the other quirks in the publish command I have to name after it is sent, hey maybe that will be fixed too? I don't care how long I have worked with AutoCAD I can break it like no one's business! When AutoCAD support know you by your first name and dread your requests for assistance you know you have worked in AutoCAD too long!!

Thanks Again

Does your publish options say Prompt for Name, or Specify Name? If it says Specify Name, then change it to Prompt for Name. Then, it will show you what it wants to name the output file, and if you like it, you don't have to change it. The drawing file name.pdf is the default. It's usually good enough for me.

Untitled.jpg