Drag and Drop Xref From Windows Explorer

ksperopoulos

I am wondering - is it possible to drag and drop a DWG file from Windows Explorer into AutoCAD and insert it as an overlay xref with an insertion point of 0,0,0? I know you can left-click drag and drop it in as a block. I know you can also right-click drag and drop it in with the option of an xref. But you can't specify the insertion point when you do this. Would lisp have the capabilities of doing this or would this have to come from some other programming language?

What would the reactor be able to do? Doesn't that have to already have an object in AutoCAD before it can respond to specific behavior?

I don't know about drag and dropping an item, but you could write it so that the user would type in the command, a windows explorer would pop up in the current drawing's folder, then you could select what dwg files you want to xref.

I don't know about drag and dropping an item, but you could write it so that the user would type in the command, a windows explorer would pop up in the current drawing's folder, then you could select what dwg files you want to xref.

I can just use the XATTACH to do that. I would like to emulate how AutoCAD Architecture/MEP's project navigator functions, but without all the extra baggage that comes with using that utility. It takes too long to load on startup.

I can just use the XATTACH to do that. I would like to emulate how AutoCAD Architecture/MEP's project navigator functions, but without all the extra baggage that comes with using that utility. It takes too long to load on startup.
I wasn't sure if you wanted a lisp to expedite using XATTACH. Edited by broncos15

• 7 years later...