Slow CAD file, but fine after starting selection tool

byk3bep

From the command line it would be OSOPTIONS. Set to a value of 1 and it will ignore hatch objects. This can also be accessed via Options > Drafting tab > Object Snap Options. I don't think resetting this variable will make any difference in your drawing.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• byk3bep

• ReMark

• Dana W

• RobDraw

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Removed the hatching, there was improvement, not drastic, but detectable.

Removed all the text, better.

Removed the dimensions => feels workable

I will copy the drawings to another file one by one, and remove all the junk. Who knows what could be the prob...

I'll get back to you tomorrow with the results...

Thx for the help guys

I'm pretty sure someone alluded to this previously when there was a mention of using the Flatten command. Do this. Open the original drawing. Instead of a Top view look at the drawing from a Front view and notice there are a number of objects with a "Z" greater than "0". For example, if you do a LIST on one of the elevations depicted in the image below you'll see the value of Z corresponds to the elevation (in millimeters). Maybe this is what is causing the lag.

Lag_1.jpg

Now do this. Freeze all of the following layers then try editing your drawing.

Kote-visinske

T_ZNACI

Tacke

Ograde

Struja

Kanalizacija

Stepenico

Temelj

Asfatni Put

I'd also freeze layer 251 which is the layer the image is on.

Ok, did the above mentioned, no change.

Sent it to my brother to delete the imported geo. site plan and split it in to 2 pieces. I just copy/pasted it without inspecting it first. Because it's faster... Right? Lesson learned (I hope).

Now that it is manageable I could use a tip on how to get it right this time. What do you suggest? I have to place the building on the site plan.

Thx for your time

Has anyone else zoomed extents in this drawing? Did I miss you guys finding these? There are hundreds, maybe thousands of tiny little blocks all over the place in outer space, I'm talking miles from 0,0. each one is 4 short lines. I got rid of them and it started being manipulatable. My computer isn't any stronger than yours.

Now that it is manageable I could use a tip on how to get it right this time. What do you suggest? I have to place the building on the site plan.

I think a project like this would be well handled using xrefs but that is just my opinion.