Create a single bounding solid

GeorgieB82

Hi,

If I don't make sense I apologise, I don't really know how to describe what I need.

I have a house design from Revit into Autocad and I need to calculate the overall volume of it (the complete, whole thing, not components of).

Is it possible to create a single solid that fits the shape of the house but is just one solid 'lump' which I can take the volume of?

It has dormer's, Dutch hips and monopitch extensions so I would have to completely break it down to do it 'the old fashioned way'.

It is made up of solids for each component (roof, walls etc). I've tried to union all the parts but it doesn't work.

I'm guessing the file size would be such that you could not post a copy of the drawing here but you could upload it to a file sharing website like DropBox and post a link to the file. Anyone interested in trying their hand at solving the problem could then access the file and get back to you with an answer.