How do to make such drawings in AutoCAD?

Mir Ali

Hey everyone !

I really need to know what CAD software is use to make such plans. While it appears to be made in AutoCAD, I can't figure out as to how it has taken this form from the conventional 2d plan with just lines. Patterns and hatches could be the possible application for the outcome; however, I am curious to listen to cadtutor members. Thanks

Plan.jpg

Dear Mir Ali,

Of course it's possible, because in 2008 I worked with Consultant company and they design new City in Kuwait.

and I was also part of this design, so i can believe this, it can be made in AutoCAD 2D.

but it will consume lots of time.

I believe that lines in AutoCAD and Coloring in Photoshop.

Most certainly can or Illustrator/Corel Draw. I think the vector programs might be better imho.

Most certainly can or Illustrator/Corel Draw. I think the vector programs might be better imho.

If i were to do it id probably CAD and import to inkscape or equivalent vector graphics program. The only element i think that might not be able to be created in CAD would be the edge defined gradient. I think everything else could be done in CAD.

Hey everyone !

I really need to know what CAD software is use to make such plans. While it appears to be made in AutoCAD, I can't figure out as to how it has taken this form from the conventional 2d plan with just lines. Patterns and hatches could be the possible application for the outcome; however, I am curious to listen to cadtutor members. Thanks

Plan.jpg

I would ask the source how the image was created.

I have done a lot of these graphics by printing my CAD file to pdf and then coloring in Photoshop, but I have also done it in Autocad. I prefer doing it in Photoshop though. It all depends on personal preference and what you're most comfortable with.

To many years using Autocad and one area it struggles a bit is in gradient colours like others have mentioned, maybe RGB colour and transparency on hatches. Our ARCGIS does a much better output of shaded plans. Again like others into photoshop etc.

Color and gradient hatches with some inserted raster files FTW (for the win) ;) Very doable in r2012.

Can you illustrate about the "inserted raster files"? maybe you can post some link for the purpose.

I believe that lines in AutoCAD and Coloring in Photoshop.

This seems plausible. I want to know if I have to colour my landuse plan what tutorial should I take for this?

I would ask the source how the image was created.

It's a landuse plan for new development prepared by a local real estate company.

To many years using Autocad and one area it struggles a bit is in gradient colours like others have mentioned, maybe RGB colour and transparency on hatches. Our ARCGIS does a much better output of shaded plans. Again like others into photoshop etc.

Are you saying it's more useful to import you AutoCAD drawing and apply the colours than it is in the other GFX sofware?

Post a dwg SMALL and we can have a mini competition about making it look pretty and how we did it.

Ps no prize just bragging rites.

I am no expert at AutCAD; however, I've made a few landuse plans here there. This drawing is section a leaf-city that I made, with immense help from the cadtutor members (you can see my past posts), and I had originally left the colouring part because I found it very nuisance colouring the all the objects..

colours.dwg