Unable to edit BubbleDef Blocks in AutoCAD 200B

RanDeLuna

I recently brought a Xref into a drawing that has a column grid and BubbleDef block that indicate the column numbers. Suddenly, I am unable to edit the BubbleDef's. When I try to bring in an editable BubbleDef block from another drawing that BubbleDef block becomes uneditable as well! Does anyone know what's going on here? BYW: the layer that the BubbleDef is on is unlocked and not frozen.

Can you post the drawing, and the xref drawing, it might give someone a clue, but without seeing the actual settings and values that have been used in the block and the attributes it would be just plain guesswork at the moment. By the way bringing in a block from other drawings where it does work, if they have the same name, will not do anything, as the block definition that is already in the drawing where it doesn't work will overide any settings used elsewhere.

Hi Steven...thanks for your response. Due to client a confidentiality agreement I am unfortunately, unable to upload the drawing. Thanks for your comments. I will try editing the block, renaming it and bringing into my drawing...Thanks again

There is no need to post the proprietary information. Strip it out, post the block, and a file that it does not work in. Your solution might require a lot of work if you've got many instances of that block.

I recently brought a Xref into a drawing that has a column grid and BubbleDef block that indicate the column numbers. Suddenly, I am unable to edit the BubbleDef's. When I try to bring in an editable BubbleDef block from another drawing that BubbleDef block becomes uneditable as well! Does anyone know what's going on here? BYW: the layer that the BubbleDef is on is unlocked and not frozen.

I had a similar issue once where i did not have the proper xrefs. (there were nested xrefs) i exploded them all and re worked them only to discover the issue later.