CAD 2014 Copyclip lagging

vaida

Hello everybody,

Got problem with copyclip, it laggs for a long time when copying/ pasting. Wasnt like this in the begging though, copied some stuff from other drawing and I think it might has caused the problem..

Tried saving drawing, auditing, purging, reseting scales etc. Nothing helps... :/

Has anybody got good solutions how to fix it?

Is this all drawings? If it is only one file, post it.

Have you restarted? (Have to ask because this type of thing is often solved with a restart.)

It is only that particular drawing and I cant attache it as it is too big :/ If I copy/ paste anything from that drawing, it cocks up other new drawings. I tried to copy few lines for sample, but those few lines take almost 6MB. How is that possible???

One thing that I have had to do before is purge everything out of the drawing and then after doing this do a wblock of everything you actually need from the drawing and put the wblock into a new drawing file. This will eliminate all the line types that you do not need.

Unfortunately that doesn't always work for .dgn linetypes. As the OP stated, even with copy/paste of a few lines that don't have the .dgn linetypes assigned to those lines, the file bloat (linetypes) are transferred to the new file.

That is if .dgn linetypes are the problem here. Most likely they are.

I'm not sure if it will work for what they need either. I had the problem because we would get architects drawings with all of those line types and I would need to export the CAD drawing into a Visual file to make photo metrics. When it had all of the line types loaded, it was too large for Visual to bring in. When we did a regular copy/paste it would bring in the line types but when we made it a wblock it did not bring over the different line types. That was the extra step we needed to get rid of the line types.

If you purge using 2015 or 2016 it has an extra option about redundant line types. Definately dgn linetypes.

I downloaded the dgnfix form Autodesk for 2013 but it did not work, lucky we have others here with 2015 etc.

If you copy and paste then after waiting do "Insert" the first block will be something like A$C3F451C3 this is your paste.