Changing NTF files to DWF files, Can you download the NTF AutoCAD add on?

BenGoble

Basically recently been working with "NTF" Ordinance Survey (off "Digimap" if anyones ever used it) maps and have been converting them into DWF via two methods. First of all I tried FME Universal Translator but this requires a license... which means thats outta the window, secondly I found AutoCAD's own specific NTF converter "NTFin." Basically I was wondering how to acquire this as I'v used it elsewhere but was wondering is it a free add-on? or does that require a license too???

Ben

It's a pain that Digimap don't supply in DXF and this is a constant issue with us at the University of Greenwich. Last time I checked, the Autodesk NTFIN converter only works with AutoCAD Map 3D. We have been using the FME translator as a standalone converter, which works well but is not free.

There is a free utility that converts NTF to DXF. Find it here:

http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/guides/maps/translat.htm#l2d

You can then open the DXF in AutoCAD and publish as DWF.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

can anyone tell me if there has been any change to this situation since the post was originally created.

I'm in similar situation, want to convert ntf files to dwf and wondered if these recommendations are still the best route.

• 1 month later...

it managed to get the trial version today but it did not allow the NTF input for conversion , it was ghosted out so was useless for this need