Is there a way to field data located in a imported excel file?

PKTCISME

The overall goal is to reduce data entry.

I have an excel file that has been special pasted into my Autodesk AutoCAD LT.

I want to take information from individual cells and make them into fielded values.

If you have follow-up questions, I will be happy to answer.

One day Autodesk will put lisp in LT getting and putting is well documented both ways DWG- Excel, my advice buy alternative software that has lisp. The more smarter you want to work the harder it will get.

BIGAL I'm not sure that I 100% agree about the getting harder bit, it can certainly cause a few headaches, and yes it falls a long way short of the capabilities of full Autocad. That said it is possible to get a table contents into a field, you need to use the formula option within the field names dialogue and then from there you have the choice to pick a cell, which refers to a table cell, and Autocad will prompt you for that. It does keep track of the table if it alters after updating the table, but you do need to regen the drawing.

Steven-g you should write a book on how to make LT really work, maybe have a chat to Lee-mac about a web page with all your brilliant suggestions. You may not become a millionaire but it may return beer money. Just a question how many macros do you have ?

Shhh

I am learning web design at the moment. but it's a slow process, and I have seen too many sites pop up and then disappear because they haven't been thought out, I don't intend to just throw something together. It's getting there slowly.

How many macro's ? probably in the hundreds, if they are usefull is another question altogether 8)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

A big thanks to steven-g. I've got my numerical values to work.

The next step is to play around with cells within the table that contains letters and numbers.

I will continue to play around with the field command.