Upload to the forum from a flash drive

welldriller

Is it possible to upload a picture or an image (done in Autocad) to the forum that is not in .jpg format. Is there a way to use copy/pase or some other way?

The list of acceptable file formats was created for a reason. If your image does not match one of the formats on the list then you are out of luck. It's "upload and attach" not "copy and paste".

Is it possible to upload a picture or an image (done in Autocad) to the forum that is not in .jpg format.

Accepted image file formats: GIF, JPG and PNG

What file format are your images?

Do you have access to Photoshop or any other image editing software that will allow you to save your images to one of the 3 formats listed above? If not, maybe you should download GIMP. It's free: https://www.gimp.org/

A flash drive is just another file directory, simply browse to it and follow the directions, after you hit the "Go Advanced" button. That is if it is a file format that the forum will accept, and below the file size limits for that format.

[ATTACH]56311[/ATTACH] Could someone let me kno if this worked.

There's no real wrong way to create geometry, its just weather or no it meets your needs. That being said there are faster ways. I would have probably used a fillet.

There's no real wrong way to create geometry, its just weather or no it meets your needs. That being said there are faster ways. I would have probably used a fillet.

ok thank you for getting back to so quick.

I would comment that your method of smoothing produces three entities:- one arc and two polylines.

If you use the fillet method, you end up with one polyline.

I would comment that your method of smoothing produces three entities:- one arc and two polylines.

If you use the fillet method, you end up with one polyline.

eldon i did try the fillet command and as you point out -got an ooop's - on AutoCadLT 2000 fillet will not work on parallel lines.

eldon i did try the fillet command and as you point out -got an ooop's - on AutoCadLT 2000 fillet will not work on parallel lines.

That is all very curious. I did not see any parallel lines in the drawing that I saw. Perhaps I was looking in the wrong place.

I don't know the development of AutoCAD LT, but in AutoCAD r13, one could fillet parallel lines.

Welldriller: Even the free 2D CAD program called Draftsight allows the user to fillet two parallel lines. Maybe it's time to upgrade.

i stand corrected - they are not parrell lines. But in AutoCadLT 2000 the fillet command will not work on the lines in the drawing. I do not know about the newer versions of AutoCad. i also know that the op was asking for a lisp to do it. did not see where anyone had come up with one so thought this might help.

If you are talking about the drawing you attached to an earlier post there is no reason why the fillet command shouldn't work. Maybe you forgot to specify the radius or you failed to properly pick one of the two lines.

But in AutoCadLT 2000 the fillet command will not work on the lines in the drawing. I do not know about the newer versions of AutoCad. i also know that the op was asking for a lisp to do it.

There is no reason why LT would not fillet those lines.

BTW, you are the OP and I see no mention of LISP.