Hatch patterns are the bane of my existence! where are the thumbnails

squareknees

I have gone through every hatch pattern I have and corrected all of them! Unfortunately that seems to be only half the battle. I am trying to put the hatch patterns that I use most on a pallet so I can get to them easier. The only problem is some of them do not have thumbnail previews. I do not know what the name of the hatches, I just want something that looks like the wood texture that is closest to the wood being used in the cabinets that I am drawing. how can I add the thumbnail or make the thumbnail show up?

Thanks

How are you putting them on the palette? I copy the hatch with Ctrl+c from a main library drawing and just paste onto a toolpalette and the thumbnail is automatically generated. Sometimes the image isn't clear if it is a dense complicated hatch, but you do have the option to use your own image (which you need to make yourself), and you can insert that by right clicking on a toolpalette icon which gives you that option.

I guess it was a glitch. I did get them all to show up. there was some other issue with my AutoCAD not working properly and that was just one of the side effects. the drawing that I had open when I was putting them on the palette crashed multiple times but I finally got them to show up. I hated that the palette that I created would disappear if the drawing crashed.

Thanks for the reply,

Squareknees