Dynamic Block Visibility Checklist

I'm trying to make a block with an item list where I can choose any or all of 10 line items, I can put a stretch and array to size up the list to exclude blank lines but I cannot figure out which method to use to make a checklist. Layers are not an option because our clients have certain layer lists. Visibility seems to just do 'This OR That', not 'This, This AND That'. I think a LookUp Table is the key but I don't know which parameter sets to start with and how to make this checklist work. Attributes are not really the answer because the line items have 9 columns of info that never change on each item line. They must stay in the same order too. If there was some way to turn off sub-blocks, and drag them up or down!

Thanks for any ideas!

Can you post a drawing showing a few variations of this. Is it text or can it also have geometery / symbols. Would it be an extending list as (1,2,3 or 1,2,3,4,5) or is it a pick list as (2,3,6 or 1,5,6,8).

Here is the full list (HML.dwg), certain dwgs that I insert this future block into will have a select few of items on the list, the line items that are not selected will not have a blank line, rather the rest of the items will move up and stay in the same order (HML2.dwg). Thanks for any ideas!

HML.dwg

HML2.dwg

In the attached is one method, it only does the first 3 items, to show the idea, each row has its own linear parameter, and this can be set to different sizes which makes each line appear to show or hide.

There may well be a simpler method using an Autocad table and LISP, unfortunately as an LT user I don't have that functionality.

HML(1).dwg

Thanks, that looks good, What a great method you made! I played with it a while and noticed, the more item lines I remove, the wider the horizontal line under the word "Substance" gets, I played with the number on the Dist value list, changed from .001, to .00000001, reduce the "hidden" shrunk item line, for some reason it made the item line do a double exposure thing, but, it works with .00001, that's the smallest I can shrink it, I set my units to decimal precision 0.00000000 to test it. I can make up for that gap by putting .00001,.24999 to keep everything on snap. Thanks again, Ramon

Edited by rhgrafix
Figured out the list part.

Glad you got it working. I can see that with multiple lines "hidden" it could start to thicken up at the top layer, if your work around is working thats great, well done.