Really stupid graphics card problem

TKall

Solved!

Hello everyone,

Merry Christmas.

I was attempting to connect an external display to my Dell M6600 which has a Quadro 4000 graphics card. Truth be told, I was trying to send the Christmas show "Rudolph the red nosed reindeer", to the display so my wife and I could watch it while she cooked dinner. For some reason the video card does not immediately allow external monitors and I usually have to monkey around with the computer to get anything on the external monitor. Well.....this time I unchecked the box, stupidly, in the Nvidia control panel next to "Laptop Display." the screen went blank and I don't know how to turn the card back on. I am asking here because I know you all use these advanced graphics adapters and I am hoping someone can please tell me how to get my display back.

Thank you so much,

Tom

Edited by TKall
Solved

Try turning the laptop on and hold F8 I think, this should force a do you want to start in safe mode hopefully will turn graphics back on. Also my laptop has a HOT keys on the keyboard to switch screens. FN+F11

Thanks Big Al. That worked. And check this out....my wife suggested the same thing and she is a lawyer. Go figure. I think I need a vacation.

Again, thank you and Merry Christmas.

Tom