Debugging Troubles

Bill Tillman

Has anyone else ever seen anything like this:

I have an automated project that uses C#.NET to launch AutoCAD, load a LISP program and run it to prepare a drawing. When this project runs the LISP stalls at the same place every time. I can hit the enter key of click the mouse and it will continue and finish like it's supposed to. Since this is an automated process, there is no user input or mouse clicks allowed.

So I load the LISP manually and run it manually. And the darn thing doesn't stall. The drawing finishes completely, closes the file without complaint. I then go try running the project from Visual Studio again and the drawing stalls again at the same place. This LISP file being loaded is the exact same one whether I load it manually or load it from .NET.

BTW. since this process is fully automated I don't have the LISP editor loaded. I do see in the text window the message "Invalid point input." I'm trying to step through it one line at a time to find the offending line, trouble is when I'm stepping through it runs fine, when I let the automation run...it hits this error, with the exact same LISP code..... ??? and when it stalls, if I click in the model space or press a key, off it goes and finishes like it's supposed to. So that begs the question, is there a method to see any kind of log of the error when a LISP is run from automation like this. With the IDE there is always the Error window to pinpoint what is the offending line.

Okay, it's simpleton time again. The issue was (command .... vs (command-s .... We are using 2016 on this computer and the code was written to run on 2013. So far so buggy I guess.

... The issue was (command .... vs (command-s .... We are using 2016 on this computer and the code was written to run on 2013.

... That'll do it. Haha

Cheers

The longer I remain in dev, the longer I'm gonna be in dev.... :lol:

Been doing so much in C# and Oracle, and Python, and LAMP, and Perl, and oh you get the idea my friend. And we just hired a new developer who is very good with this platform called Jypiter...gotta start the learning curve on that next. There goes my Christmas vacation. Maybe I'll take my laptop to the beach for this.:beer: