how to reduce large file size other than Purge, -purge Regapps, audit, overkill, WB ?

Sengna

Hi, does anyone know is there any method, commands beside using Purge, -purge Regapps, audit, overkill, Wblock commands? try to keep the drawing file size as small as i can. I have tried the all commands above but still big. if you do please share. Thanks.

Hi

I know you're tag line reads AC2010 but if you are using AC2103/2014 these versions suffer from serious file bloat if you happen to introduce Microstation DGN complex linetypes.

Hi

I know you're tag line reads AC2010 but if you are using AC2103/2014 these versions suffer from serious file bloat if you happen to introduce Microstation DGN complex linetypes.

AFAIK, this happens in earlier versions, also.

Hi

Hi Spaj, I am using Autocad 2014 not 2010, sorry for the confusion i need to update my profile to Autocad 2014. I don't know Microstation DGN.

Hi Spaj, I am using Autocad 2014 not 2010, sorry for the confusion i need to update my profile to Autocad 2014. I don't know Microstation DGN.

If the drawing was at one time brought into or from micorstation the extra baggage could be from the extra stuff added to the file to make it kosher with AutoCAD.

You should know about Microstation DGN files as I cleaned up one of your drawings that had numerous instances of linetypes from that very same program.

You should know about Microstation DGN files as I cleaned up one of your drawings that had numerous instances of linetypes from that very same program.

Ha, interesting. I have never used it before.

If the drawing was at one time brought into or from micorstation the extra baggage could be from the extra stuff added to the file to make it kosher with AutoCAD.

I don't have a way to tell if the drawing had imported stuff from microstation at some point

when i clicked -PU and entered, and then it gave me the many options like: Blocks/detailviewstyle, dimstyles,groups,layers. In the past i either do PURGE ALL and Regapps. what will happen if i do Purge BLOCKS? will it get rid of used blocks in the drawing? same with layers?

Ha, interesting. I have never used it before.

You are not following the course of the conversation too well. You don't have to use the program or even know it exists. All you have to do is bring one tiny bit of content created in Microstation into your drawing and you've got a problem. That small piece of content can come from a myriad of different sources and most of the time it will be without your knowledge. Live and learn.

when i clicked -PU and entered, and then it gave me the many options like: Blocks/detailviewstyle, dimstyles,groups,layers. In the past i either do PURGE ALL and Regapps. what will happen if i do Purge BLOCKS? will it get rid of used blocks in the drawing? same with layers?

You haven't been paying attention. Purge works on unused items. UNUSED is the key word here.

You haven't been paying attention. Purge works on unused items. UNUSED is the key word here.

Opppp! It's typo, i intended to type word " Unused" Sorry about that Remark. hope you don't get mad.

Hi

Usually a telling sign is odd linetype patterns in the appearance column of the linetype manager (_LINETYPE).

If you do suspect a problem there is an Autodesk Hotfix:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-C2-AE-dgn-hotfix.html

Or try this

https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com:drawingpurge_windows32and64:en