Pipe Notching

jasons520

Hi everyone!

You're always awesome help so I thought id post here again.

I'm trying to make a flat pipe notching template so I can print it out, wrap it around the pipe, then notch the pipe.

The model I'm trying to use is basically a hollow ball on top of the pipe, that a tube will run through, and a section of the pipe cut out for the pipe to run through.

Any help would be amazing!

Or any links/tutorials to converting 3d models to get this detail would be excellent.

AutoCAD 2016.

Pipework.dwg

Hi everyone!

You're always awesome help so I thought id post here again.

I'm trying to make a flat pipe notching template so I can print it out, wrap it around the pipe, then notch the pipe.

The model I'm trying to use is basically a hollow ball on top of the pipe, that a tube will run through, and a section of the pipe cut out for the pipe to run through.

Any help would be amazing!

Or any links/tutorials to converting 3d models to get this detail would be excellent.

AutoCAD 2016.

Divide pipe od by points and draw a straight ortho line to the pipe edges then draw a 2d straight line same lenght of the pipe od then divide it whith the same number of points you did with the pipe od and then copy each of the lines drawn to each point on the 2d straight line and then trace a polyline to each endpoints and voila the cut pattern.

hth since that is what i would do

or have it cut at the given angle and distance from the center on a big enough bandsaw if you have then do the bevel prep.

Edited by ROBP