Problem with drawing 2-P Circle

rlcad

This only happens when using Dynamic Input (DI).

I select 2P Circle, click for the first end point, then in the first DI field I write the diameter.

I Tab to the second field (for the angle), I write e.g. 90; then Enter. But the circle does not respect the angle; instead, it is drawn at the angle the mouse cursor was at when inputting the angle, that is, different from what I wanted.

What went wrong?

Maybe you are not familiar with how the Circle > 2P command functions.

Circle2P.JPG

The user is not asked to specify the diameter nor is he asked to specify an angle. Look at the command line.

CIRCLE

Specify center point for circle or [3P/2P/Ttr (tan tan radius)]: 2P

Specify first end point of circle's diameter:

Specify second end point of circle's diameter:

The user is prompted for the same information whether even if Dynamic Input is enabled.

So to answer the question, "What went wrong?" I'd say it was the user not reading and understanding what was being asked of him/her.

Do you have your command line floating by any chance? If yes then dock it and try again (known bug). I can get the sequence you describe to work fine but I have my command line docked.

When i have dynamic input ON i have weird method with first point and diameter with angle. When i have dynamic input OFF then i have ordinary method with 2 points.

Command line docked or not - nothing changed (at my CAD of course).

Hello.

Probably you have to FIRST set a angle, and later fill the second field with diameter. :)

It worked that way, but the fact that the angle field is NOT the first one to be highlighted (the other one is) makes it counter-intuitive.

So to answer the question, "What went wrong?" I'd say it was the user not reading and understanding what was being asked of him/her.

Well, the Help was right, but the Dynamic Input prompts, which sure resemble those for a value and an angle, flat out contradict the Help. I get the same thing as Tyomex:

When i have dynamic input ON i have weird method with first point and diameter with angle. When i have dynamic input OFF then i have ordinary method with 2 points.

Command line docked or not - nothing changed (at my CAD of course).

...and I still don't know what to write in those fields if I want a polar coordinate.

Do you have your command line floating by any chance? If yes then dock it and try again (known bug). I can get the sequence you describe to work fine but I have my command line docked.

On or Off- still no go. Thanks anyway.

I'm not one for using Dynamic Input as it always seems to be in my way. My left hand knows the location of keys so well I don't even have to look down to invoke a command or a command option.