Question about aliases

rlcad

Sometimes, some aliases don't work. I narrowed the problem down to profiles. The aliases (e.g. 'F' for Fillet) always work when in the "Autocad" profile and never in the architectural ones ("AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial/Metric/Global)").

That, despite all of them apparently using the same acad.pgp, in the same location.

What do I do to make them function in the other profiles, too?

I wouldn't make the assumption that the same acad.pgp is being used for all profiles. Once you have architectural loaded use the Manage tab in Ribbon, Customization panel, Edit Aliases tool. See if the F is in there for that one.

You can also type from the command line

(findfile "acad.pgp")

Do that in each profile and compare the result.

Once you have architectural loaded use the Manage tab in Ribbon, Customization panel, Edit Aliases tool. See if the F is in there for that one.
It is.

You can also type from the command line

(findfile "acad.pgp")

Do that in each profile and compare the result.

I've compared them and the paths and file names are identical.

What error message do you get when the 'F' alias doesn't work? Or, what does "some aliases don't work" mean? Error message, nothing happens, some other command starts, etc.

What error message do you get when the 'F' alias doesn't work? Or, what does "some aliases don't work" mean? Error message, nothing happens, some other command starts, etc.

When I press F in "Autocad" profile the command bar displays as first suggestion: "F (Fillet)" (as per acad.pgp, like it should).

When in any of the "Architectural" profiles the 1st suggestion is "Filetab"; "Fillet" is 5 entries below and it is simply "Fillet", not "F (Fillet)" as above. Even though the pgp files are identical.

Further info: I start with a clean, Open with No Template, drawing.

If you open the INPUTSEARCHOPTIONS dialog box, change the AutoComplete sort suggestion from 'According to frequency of usage' to 'Alphabetically'.

If you are not seeing any aliases in the autocomplete, like G (Group), etc. then I have to wonder if the acad.pgp is even loading, but you said it showed in the findfile earlier so it certainly should be.

Since the problem appears to be in connection with which Profile is selected - is there a way to edit a Profile? or create a new one from scratch?

You can copy the shortcut from the desktop of the architectural shortcut, then edit that (right click, properties) find what profile is being called and just swipe over and use a new name, save and exit back, dble click on that and it should create a new profile with that name.

Maybe you could post at Autodesk.com forums, and find the forum for Architectural product.