Not Snapping to a line after entering Length

CivilPrice

I have a weird problem. Just received autocad 2016 civil 3d, and I am drawing a polyline on top of a line, I want to snap to that line at a specific length.

I enter PL

Snap endpoint

Snap NEA and enter Length (25'), hit enter

and it draws a 25' line, but it follows my cursor not the line??? It is always just slightly off of the line??? The Line does not have an elevation, I can turn on ortho and it will draw a stright 25' line, but it will not snap directly over the line.

any ideas??? I am sure it is just a selection variable or something, I looked through the snap variables???

Thanks!

I have a weird problem. Just received autocad 2016 civil 3d, and I am drawing a polyline on top of a line, I want to snap to that line at a specific length.

I enter PL

Snap endpoint

Snap NEA and enter Length (25'), hit enter

and it draws a 25' line, but it follows my cursor not the line??? It is always just slightly off of the line??? The Line does not have an elevation, I can turn on ortho and it will draw a stright 25' line, but it will not snap directly over the line.

any ideas??? I am sure it is just a selection variable or something, I looked through the snap variables???

Thanks!

I usualy have polar tracking on so it keeps it in line for me.

you may be able to try

PL

Snap endpoint

Snap NEA

then enter the @ symbol and tab to enter the length and angle

@ 25' 0

As above, turn on Polar Tracking by pressing the F11 key on your keyboard and make sure Ortho is off by pressing the F8 key. The snap that you want to use with Polar Tracking on is 'Extension'. I have extension and endpoint turned on in Object Snaps. To make sure Extension is always on, type OS at command prompt and tick the box Extension.

Let us know how you go