'No solids selected' when exporting to stl format

emmiec

Hello!

I really need some help on this issue.

I am using Autocad 2007 and I have drawn this using the revolve command. See attachment.

However when I want to export it to stl (to be printed using a 3D printer), I encountered this message 'No solids selected'.

I am not sure how to proceed as I thought that the object created using revolve is already a solid one.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Autocad.docx

The Revolve command can create solids or surfaces depending on what you're revolving: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-6FF936FD-99BA-432A-A43B-4573FD924AF3-htm.html

Without having your CAD file to look at, I'm guessing that you revolved an open profile instead of a closed profile which produced a surface instead of a solid.

Hi Cad64,

Thank you so much! Yes, my mistake of not making it a closed profile.

Now, the next problem when exporting to stl is that my drawing does not lie in the positive xyz octant. i've tried changing UCS and also doing a 3dorbit rotating it to make it lie in the positive xyz orbit but it is not working.

Any tips/suggestions on this? Thank you:)