Rename a Block

Casio47

Hello All...

I found my block in the Design Center, How do I rename it? And, how do I delete blocks that I dont want in the Design Center?

Thanks for the help

RENAME Command is the way to go; programming will be required to rename blocks in closed drawings though, so just open, rename, etc.

If (when?) you tire of using RENAME Command via dialog/command line, as I did, you may find this App to be of use... Just select the block, and right click:

original_81ab0c9f-0e84-4341-b269-36b6d3042bfa_.png

Should you be interested, please see the Exchange Apps link in my signature.

Cheers

You can rename a block in your drawing using the RENAME command or REN for short.

OK, RENAME works. How do I delete a block I no longer want. When I use the purge command, the block remains. I believe the Block I wish to delete is just a name, with out any drawing assigned to it. I managed to do this in the Design Center when I was trying to rename my block. I messed it up...

RENAME Command is the way to go; programming will be required to rename blocks in closed drawings though, so just open, rename, etc.

If (when?) you tire of using RENAME Command via dialog/command line, as I did, you may find this App to be of use... Just select the block, and right click:

original_81ab0c9f-0e84-4341-b269-36b6d3042bfa_.png

Should you be interested, please see the Exchange Apps link in my signature.

Cheers

Having used this previously when renaming a block library, this is a good app that I would recommend :)

The $1 cost is trivial compared to the amount of time (and boredom) saved.

Having used this previously when renaming a block library, this is a good app that I would recommend :)

The $1 cost is trivial compared to the amount of time (and boredom) saved.

Thank you, Organic; that is very kind of you to say. :oops: :beer:

Cheers