I want Structural software

afrazawan

Im working in CAD to make Pier Bar Bending Piles and Superstructure shop drawings please advice me to design pier and piles BBS with quick and wasy way or any software advise except Auto CAD

Revit won't be of use for this. What you need is a dedicated concrete analysis & design package of which there are many. It would be best to use whatever is commonly used in your country and will design to the standards you follow and for which you will find training courses available.

It is also worth noting that software alone won't solve the problem. You need someone experienced in structural design to either operate the software or oversee the operation of it. Garbage in = Garbage out etc.

Please note that this advice is coming from someone who has made it quite clear that they have no use for Revit.

Revit won't be of use for this. What you need is a dedicated concrete analysis & design package of which there are many. It would be best to use whatever is commonly used in your country and will design to the standards you follow and for which you will find training courses available.

It is also worth noting that software alone won't solve the problem. You need someone experienced in structural design to either operate the software or oversee the operation of it. Garbage in = Garbage out etc.

Please note that this advice is coming from someone who has made it quite clear that they have no use for Revit.
This made me giggle because... it's so true. :)

afrazawan, please try the forum I linked. There isn't a good structural presence on this forum which is why I forwarded you to the other Revit community. What you're wanting to do is more than doable in Revit, but I'd rather you surround yourself with structural backgrounds who do this daily to ensure the best possible support.

Somehow, I don't see you as a giggler. You seem more like a whole hearted belly laugher.

:shock:

Oh I do that too, don't get me wrong. And... giggle may not have been the right word for my reaction. Snicker... that would be more appropriate. Either way I got something out of it that I liked. :)

Revit Structure has not been taken up by much of the structural engineering industry. That says it all and I will leave it at that.

Revit Structure has not been taken up by much of the structural engineering industry. That says it all and I will leave it at that.

Yup, that has been a problem on recent projects.

Organic, if you could learn anything it would be to make more modest claims. You do not have the capacity to speak for the entire structural engineering industry around the world. I can speak for my local market, which is Texas in the USA and all the major firms are Revit only for creating models and drawings, although they do not use Revit for loads. So in certain areas, yes, Revit Structure has been taken up by many in the structural engineering industry.