Help With Filleting

hlshp

Hi, no difference.

I checked to ensure the trimmode is "1". I select trim and then type in a radius and press enter. I then select a line, no problem. The message... "select second object or shift select to apply corner" appears.. whatever of the two perpendiculars I move to, a green cross appears on the intersection and "invalid selection" appears on the command line. This is the case whether I input the radius before the initial selection or after.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hlshp

• ReMark

• RobDraw

• tombu

Top Posters In This Topic

As ReMark stated, it is not the timmode setting.

I've got a feeling this PEBCAK.

Please post your command line history from when you start the fillet command until it fails.

As I explained before, the green cross you keep referring to is the "Intersection" osnap. It could be disabled and the command would still work. I don't know why you are picking so close to the intersection of the two lines that the osnap should even register.

Hi,

I don't think it is osnap this appears to be a green box. When I pick the second object (perpendicular) it is nowhere near the intersection, but near the end of the line.

I cannot copy the command line data but in effect it says:

select first object (I click on and it becomes a broken line)

select second object or shift - select to apply corner (radius)..

whatever I do results in "invalid selection" and a green cross at the junction, wherever I place the cursor

You can copy the command line or even take a screen shot by opening the Text Window. Hit F2. Make sure to include everything after you initiate the command.

Hi. Thanks for that. I opened the programme, created a rectangle, checked that trimmode was set to 1 and then tried to fillet. here is the data from the command line:

Regenerating model.

Command: _RIBBON

Command: COMMANDLINE

Command:

Command:

Command:

Command: _rectang

Specify first corner point or [Chamfer/Elevation/Fillet/Thickness/Width]:

Specify other corner point or [Area/Dimensions/Rotation]:

Command: TRIMMODE

Enter new value for TRIMMODE : 1

Command:

Command:

Command: _fillet

Current settings: Mode = TRIM, Radius = 0.0000

Select first object or [undo/Polyline/Radius/Trim/Multiple]:

Select second object or shift-select to apply corner or [Radius]: r150

*Invalid selection*

Expects a point or Window/Last/Crossing/BOX/Fence/WPolygon/CPolygon/Radius]:

Select second object or shift-select to apply corner or [Radius]:

It must be something basic I am not doing correctly. The drawing you sent back to me was fine. I was creating rectangles and filleting them, no problem. I am using the same techniques on these other drawings with this result?

Just as I thought. When you are trying to set the radius, you need to hit enter, or space, after typing "r". Then assign the value and hit enter again. Make you selections. When you enter "r150" when prompted for selection, AutoCAD is thinking that you are entering some sort of coordinate and that is not the proper format.

Rob nailed it; I just hung around for the after-party. LoL

Have you gone through the tutorials here at CADTutor? Might be worth your while.