How to Print-to-file using plotter driver HP7475A with Arc Absolute disabled.

Stanier

Hi - Using AutoCad2000 I wish to be able to plot-to-file a basic drawing structure with HP7475A as my selected plotter driver but with Arc Absolute (AA) disabled in order that the data can be saved in the form PAx1,y1;PAx2,y2....... and not in what I think is otherwise referred to as HPGL2 format.

How do I set up in AutoCad2000?

Many thanks

There are a couple of people here that might be able to help out. That version is so old...

Do you have a good reason for not updating? Even the free AutoCAD clones are miles ahead of 2000.

Hi - The reason for asking this question is that I am running a CAD/CAM system in my home workshop from where the hardware controller inputs commands in HPGL and where AutoCad 2000 is perfectly suitable for the job. For simple orthogonal tasks e.g. cutting out a rectangular shape the output from AC2000 using plotter driver HP7475A is compatible with the hardware controler but when working with circles and arcs the format is in compressed format e.g. CI1507 (Arc Absolute?) and can not interpretted by my hardware controller.

Therefore, my understanding of the problem is that I need to be using either an early (generic?) version of the HP plotter driver where the o/p for arcs is in HPGL or, be able to select a software switch to force driver HP7475A (listed within AC2000) to output arc and circle data commands in the required format PAx1,y1;PAx2,y2;PAx3,y3;.....

Hope this clarfies the problem

Your correct now to try and remember part no's draftpro ? Can you select HPGL or HPGL2 ? If you can get a windows driver your in business, check Roland as well and graphtec they called their language GL but pretty sure its GL. Maybe postscript to HPGL.

Hi Bigal - Thanks for that. I am still trying to locate a copy the HPGL driver and also a copy of AutoDesk drivers ADI 4.2 & ADI 4.3 both of which I understand are in the generic HPGL format.