How to upload files to the forum?

Cad64

Sometimes it's necessary to upload a .dwg file or screenshots to the forum so that other forum members can more easily help you with the problem you're having. The information below should help explain the process for uploading and deleting file attachments in your posts.

Uploading Files

The process of uploading files is as easy as drag and drop. Simply drag a file from your computer and drop it on the little paperclip at the bottom of the post window. Or you can click the "Choose Files" text and then browse to the location on your computer where the files are saved.

Upload.jpg

Deleting Files

We would prefer that you don't delete files from your posts, but if you decide that you need to remove the files you uploaded, or replace them with updated or different files, after you have already posted your question, there are a couple different ways to do this.

Option 1

Click the "Edit" text at the bottom of the post that contains the files you want to delete. Then you can simply click the little trash can icon on the file to delete it.

Delete.jpg

Option 2

Click your user name at the top right corner of the screen and choose "My Attachments" from the menu. This will give you an overview of all your attachments. To delete a file attachment, simply click the trash can icon to remove it.

My Attachments-1.jpg

My Attachments-2.jpg

• Cad64 unlocked this topic