Sample assemblies for tutorials

Dinochrome

I'm going through a nice set of tutorials. I feel like I got through the 2D and Part modules well and picked up a lot. Now I'm getting into placing and constraining part in assemblies.

There is a clamp that looks like it is part of this tutorial and an Autodesk tutorial. It deals with assemblies and constraints.

I thought I'd take a look to see if it was located somewhere in my Inventor deployment. I didn't find what I was looking for, but I did find some other examples.

I closed all of my open Inventor files. I selected the OPEN command. In that dialogue you can find a PROJECTS button. There you can create your own training project and browse other projects. There is a sample project located in my deployment. It looks stock.

Project_Browser_Image.jpg

Sample_Paths.JPG

Today I discovered some more.

Inventor_Tutorials.png

I was trying some test PROJECTS. After I made a project I was browsing parts and assemblies. I sort of expected to only see parts from a given project when it was open. I still see other directories and parts.

Is there a "mission statement" for projects? What is the purpose of setting up a project? I may get a chance to do both metric and English, or even dual dimension-ed...

It sets working environs English Vs Metric etc... ...but the files are all browse-able like AutoCAD?