Lost preview on creation

Grrr

Hello guys,

I was working on some dynamic block, and after I exit the block editor I lost my preview when creating entities.

Then I looked up on the internet for some system variable that might causing the issue, but got no results.

However I don't have problems with selection preview, only the one that works on linework creation.

Does anyone had this problem or I am the first lucky man?

BTW, I'm using acad 2015.

Does COMMANDPREVIEW = 0 ?

I tried that on my machine and it doesn't appear to do what you would expect it to do. Maybe it's a combination of settings?

Not quite sure what you are saying. Is that when you draw, for example, a circle, you don't see it until you end the command?

Exactly! I can see the radius from my dynamic input, but I can't see the circle itself (the same goes for lines/plines/rectangles and so on).

My COMMANDPREVIEW is 1, but this problem remains.

Does it happen in all files?

I'm grasping at straws here as I have not seen this before but how about the current layer, is it on? I just tried this and the preview does not show if the layer is off.

Rob,

Yeah it happens in all files, theres no problem with the layers.

I didn't mention that I use alot lisp routines, so it might be possible that some variable in AutoCad is changed (atleast I have this feeling that it might have something to do with a variable).

Its funny that one of them performs "offset" and I actually get a preview there, and at the same time I can't get a preview from the standart acad's "offset " (using "trough" option).

I did a check on the lisp file to find that "unknown variable", but the only variables there were: VIEWSIZE, SCREENSIZE (which are read-only) and OSMODE.

I also tried running ACAD without running any LISP and that problem still remained.

I might reinstall my AutoCad soon, but still this is interesting problem: Is this caused by a variable, then which one?

I regularly check my lisp routines(for unwanted results) and this problem appeared for the first time with some help from the Block Editor.

STOP! Do NOT uninstall AutoCAD. That would be like buying a new car just because one of your tires was flat.

You can reset the settings via the Windows Start button > Programs or you can use the REPAIR option under Programs > UnInstall/Change.

Thank you for that, ReMark. I couldn't get here fast enough to give him the same warning and advice.

The COMMANDPREVIEW that Mr. McSwain mentioned before is supposed to do what you are describing but changing the setting doesn't seem to affect it. Hardware acceleration has solved weirder things than that for me in the past. Change it from wherever you have and see if that does the trick. The variable reset that ReMark mentioned will confirm if it is a variable or not but it won't tell you which one.

Are you still on 2015? I only ask because 2016 has a variable monitor that I haven't delved into yet.

Thank you for the advice, ReMark!

I'll handle with AutoCAD, still can't believe that I'm the first posting about this issue on the internet.

EDIT:

Rob, I just tried combinations with Hardware acceleration On/off and COMMANDPREVIEW 0/1 - and still got no results.

I'm afraid going on newer ACAD versions, since the possibility of rewriting like 50 lisp files (because some command's name is changed).

FYI, commands do not change and from what I've seen almost all LISPs don't just stop working. Don't let that fallacy stop you. Your version isn't old yet but if you have access to 2016, I'd say, "Go for it!"

Have you looked into resetting your variables back to defaults?

• 2 weeks later...

Rob,

I found only information about exporting my current variables, for importing them later, which wouldn't work for me.

However I repair/reinstalled my AutoCAD and now the problem is gone :)

Sorry for the late reply!