Concrete Floors

addesigns

I am wondering if anyone has advice/suggestions on how best to model concrete floors. I work in the industrial sector. In the past we have modeled floors and have dropped in the subpoints to show the slope (we mainly drop them in so that it shows the sloped on Navisworks for Client review) We also have to slope down to trench drains.

I am wondering if anyone has advice on best practice/alternative so that we can have slopes doing what WE want in the model. The slope lines that Revit puts in NEVER EVER are correct based on what the engineer wants.

I was starting to think maybe some type of void form but that really is not practical. Any help would be appreciated. Hopefully you understand what I mean and am looking for.

Cheers

Within the same shape editing tools that give the ability to add points you have the ability to add break lines. With these tools you should be able to control where and how you want to sloping to happen.

Unfortunately, this will not help since the engineers want the slopes completely different. Thank you though
Out of curiosity, is it geometrically impossible to show exactly what the engineer is wanting? Do they want to override the linework based on preference rather than actual separation in sloping slab lines?

That is correct, I played around with the add point and add split lines and I cant really get it to show what the engineer wants. because of the difference it really is hard to make it work. We have been just using model lines so that it will show on the overall and all the matchlined sections. this works, but I was hoping to use Revit to its greatest ability.

I guess the next question would be - why show something to be geometrically impossible? Should the defining slope lines be what it would look like in reality?

But yes, sounds like 2D linework is the way to go since you're going beyond what reality shows. Revit has many abilities, but creating geometric impossibilities is not really a standard feature of Revit. :)

I should not have necessarily agreed with your "geometrically impossible" statement. What I should have said was that throughout the main floor there are many many many housekeeping pads for equipment and since we dont want chemicals to pool around them, the slopes really need to be adjusted to what will work. I figured the 2-d linework would be the best way to go since this industrial work can get very complicated.

Muchas gracias

Just do what works best and fastest, i say. 3d is a mantra these days but You can still use 2d techniques (firstly). I personally have no experience with revit floor functions but I can imagine that could be useful. Succes!