Command Problems.

ArcDesignLab

Hi,

My apologies if the solution is so simple that I should be spanked.

When pressing a command letter such as E for erase, C for copy, etc., the response is either none or slow and I get options such as F giving me Filetab and not Fillet.

Can anyone understand and help? :cry:

My thanks in advance.

Let's stop for a moment and confirm.

You type a command alias and sometimes, not always, you'll get a response?

You type a command alias and AutoCAD takes its damn sweet time before actually responding?

You have AutoComplete enabled and want to know why typing just the letter "F" will bring up the Filetab command not the Fillet command as you expected?

Are you on a network or a standalone workstation?

Is this a new installation of AutoCAD 2015?

Have you had the problem right from the start or did it just start occurring recently?

You got it. This is ACAD 2015. Haven't had the problem before.

In all honesty, I fiddled around with hatch samples and may have moved/replaced something.

I also may have fiddled around with the Command box.

I'm a doof. I'm sorry.

Fiddling around with things when you have no real knowledge of what you are doing can sometimes backfire and cause unexpected problems.

I can't imagine that anything to do with hatch samples would cause a problem with the acad.pgp file or AutoComplete.

What exactly do you mean when you say you fiddled around with the command box? Did you try to edit the CUI or are you talking about the command line at the bottom of your screen? Your terminology is a bit vague.

I'm sorry Mark. I don't think I fiddled to change, I

just switched one command from co for copy to c. In retrospect, I think I was fine in what I did but now it;'s acting really squirrelly. As for the CUI, I wouldn't know how to mess with that even if I wanted to.

I do know that when I try to move something that I've hatched, it either won't let me drag it to the position I need or it just plain freezes.

Corrupted files can be repaired using the REPAIR option found under the Windows Start button > Control Panel > Programs and Features > AutoDesk - AutoCAD 2015 - English. From this location one can Uninstall, Change or Repair a program.

The Repair option is the least invasive of the three available. Under no circumstances, given the problems you have described, should you do a complete Uninstall/Reinstall. Understand? Repair only then test.

And download/install the latest service pack as long as you are at it.