Custom command aliases/shortcuts

Deby Ferdian

How to subtract this 3D object. caused by the object don't want to subtract. It said "The selected surface was ignored. Surfaces cannot be subtracted from solids or regions. At least two solids, surfaces, or coplanar regions must be selected." I create the subtraction object with the NURBS customization by me of manual design (my hand made Hehe.. :D) and I attached the file too for the compromise that be clearly check it out first of the below.

How to Subtract this Object.dwg

Thanks guys for reading and sorry of my spoken not really too well and thanks too be whose want to help me I'm so hopeful your help be helpfully for me in the near future.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deby Ferdian

• ReMark

• Cad64

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When you run the SUBTRACT command you are asked"Select solids, surfaces, and regions to subtract from .."

After you have done that AutoCAD then prompts you to "Select solids, surfaces, and regions to subtract .."

From the looks of your drawing it appears that you want to subtract the solid from the surface because you specifically indicate that the solid is the object to subtract. The subtraction, in this case, will work.

However, judging from the message you say AutoCAD gave you it's obvious you tried to subtract the surface from the solid and it failed. I believe that is the correct response from AutoCAD.

From your AutoCAD Help file:

Mixed subtractions. Subtracting a 3D solid from a surface results in a surface. However, you cannot subtract a surface from a 3D solid object.

Edited by ReMark

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, sorry I made the new topic that I create on the same line. But How do I create or assign a command directly refer through to the macro of the "_solidedit _edge _color " or "_solidedit _face _color "? e.g. I want to assign the "CF" to be "_solidedit _face _color " of the macro. Please Help me! ^_^"

If AutoCAD 2013 has the Macro Recorder you could just use that. Create and save the macro then play it back whenever you need it. You can only record the first three steps before you need to stop the macro because at some point the user has to select the face(s), remove any face he doesn't want to change the color of, then select the actual color before exiting out of the command.

You can therefore save as your CF macro the following...

SOLIDEDIT

F for Face

L for coLor

Edited by ReMark

Whould you write it for me be specified? I mean the line of that macro and also about the that script because the actually I don't understand at all about the macro method for now and honestly I don't familiar too with that. Can you tell me how to make it right about the step by step of them. Beginning from the first line I should write for or create the "xx.lsp" file.. Should I? Chould be? I don't know. Where do I should start from? Hehe.. XD

1. We are not talking about creating a lisp routine; we are talking about creating an action macro.

2. The method I suggested does not require you to write anything. You use the built-in Action Recorder. It can be found on the Manage tab > Action Recorder panel of the Ribbon.

3. I gave you the command and the two options that will be needed to create your macro in my previous post.

4. Start the Action Recorder (click on the RECORD button), enter the SOLIDEDIT command, type in the key option letter (you do not have to type in the full name of the option), one at a time, followed by pressing the Enter key. After entering the last option letter Stop the action recorder. At this point you will be given the option to save the macro you just created using a name that AutoCAD provides or one of your own choosing. Use the name you specified previously ("CF").

To activate (play) the macro click on the Play button on your Ribbon. Since this will be the only action macro you have there is no need to use the drop-down list to find/select it.

I have tested the method using AutoCAD 2014 and it does work.

About the Action Recorder...http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS1a9193826455f5ff-7c11d46c11cb8605735-68cb.htm,topicNumber=d0e364713

Sorry, reasonable! And it's not been a regular thing again if you do not understand at all. It was all because of my language are very ugly. Maybe I should do a re-examination and make it back. Maybe that's better. icon_smile.gif But please with all respect please understand my language and my question! With maybe a little makes you inconvenient and requires an understanding of your very extra to give direction to me from the master in this forum.

How do I know if any of the hundreds of orders that have been made have the same or duplicated and how do I fix it quickly? because it is not possible at all if I were to always have to check all of an every single line of them.

~ translated back with google translate ~

Edited by Deby Ferdian
Fix my bad! -_-"

Sorry, reasonable! And it's not been a regular thing again if you do not understand at all. It was all because of my language are very ugly. Maybe I should do a re-examination and make it back. Maybe that's better. icon_smile.gif But please with all respect please understand my language and my question! With maybe a little makes you inconvenient and requires an understanding of your very extra to give direction to me from the master in this forum.

How do I know if any of the hundreds of orders (over ±986 commands I have) that have been made have the same or duplicated and how do I fix it quickly? because it is not possible at all if I were to always have to check all of an every single line of them.

~ translated back with google translate ~

I am not the master of this forum. I am a member just like you.

Are you trying to determine if you have any duplicate objects in your drawing?

No no no.. The example. Just put away on this sample if I have a several same or duplicate commands such as;

A, *ALIGN with the another same one like this;

A, *AREA this just small part of this sample.

I've try to search this problem one by one of my acad.pgp file. Which the total of these commands is over than ±1000 lines command. But I was always miss a part which to make me force doing a double check again and again and make this all felt boring for me and of course it's not possible for me to check them all on an every single the line.. Is there any other way that is really really very simple in use and effective?

There are only about 400 command aliases in the acad.pgp file, so why do you have over 1,000?

Also, this question has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. In the future, when you have a question that does not relate to the topic being discussed, please start a new thread.

Edited by Cad64

Sounds like someone didn't know what they were doing when they edited the acad.pgp file. I'm not on my CAD computer at the moment but I believe there is a back up copy of acad.pgp available that you can restore. And until you know what you are doing don't edit the acad.pgp file again.

How do if I want to record the macro of "_zoom _o" (it was zoom but focus to the object that what I've selected) I was try but nothing happen ? I assign this to the "ZS" as a name of a macro I save.

~ still process to learning of english ~

Where do I have to write it? And on what file should I do that?

Because my other fingers too tired if I had to do it all the time every time to use it. and due also due to the between of distance too far of thus two keys. The Between "Z" and "O" that makes me have to do lifted and swung my finger too hard. :D

I made a zoom lisp routine several years ago which holds all the zoom commands I typically use. I can access them all easily with my left hand without leaving my home keys. And they are all stored in one file so I don't have to deal with a bunch of macros. Feel free to use it if you want, modify the command aliases, add more to it, whatever.

;; Created by Rod DeWeese 04-09-2008
;; Zoom Window, Zoom Realtime, Zoom Extents, Zoom Object
(defun c:ZW ()
(command "zoom" "w")
(princ)
)

(defun c:ZR ()
(command "zoom" "" "")
(princ)
)

(defun c:ZE ()
(command "zoom" "e" "zoom" "0.9x")
(princ)
)

(defun c:ZX ()
(command "zoom" "o")
(princ)
)

When I insert my action script ("_SOLIDEDIT _FACE _L") to my ACADDOC.LSP. The display menu appears is not popup gui anymore but some menu drop beginning a start with "BY LAYER" option of the first after I selected the face of an object which one I want to put to give the color to there. Why it doesn't more want to shown up the pop up gui the colors menu again ? What is wrong with my script ? This is the script I made. If you mind to let you to see my script and correction it and Please give me a some suggestion ?

(defun c:FC ()

(command "SOLIDEDIT" "F" "L")

(princ)

)

And in order this also applies to my an another scripts too such as; "select > last", "select > previous", "select > fence", "select > cpolygon", "select > wpolygon", "select > group", "select > subobject".