Problems saving Solidworks file as a dxf file in drawing mode

chubarka

I am attempting to make a drawing in the drawing mode of Solidworks and saving the file as a dxf file. Lines or arcs are recorded ok but any lettering I draw using the Text tool is not saved in the dxf file. Am I doing something wrong, or is the capability not there. I am using v 2007 if it matters.

Chubarka

Ok. Can it save fine as other formats like dwg,jpeg,pdf etc? Any chance you can share the file? Drawings can be pretty temperamental. For example depends on your version of windows and ms office solidworks almost never gets save as a pdf right. You have to print to pdf.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for not replying sooner. Unfortunately I am unable to share the file. I had no choice but to make the drawing in Autocad. I have very little skill using text in Autocad but it didn't come out too badly.

Thank you kindly for your effort.

Chubarka

Save As DXF.jpg

This is the list of export options. When you chose "Save As" and select "DXF" as the file type an Options box appears. When you click that you can change a few things that might affect this(for the future). Version, which matters for what system you are going to. Line Styles, which might change the output based on what your actual drawing is. and the Spline Export Options, if you have splines and need them converted to pLines.

Also in the Part file if you select a face(assuming its planar) you can right click and Export as DXF/DWG. This is usually for exporting flat pattern faces of sheet metal parts to be laser/water jet, but works on anything.