viewing DWG files on a tablet

andyr74

Is it possible to view 2D dwg files on a simple windows 8 tablet.

The tablet is 8", 2GB ram (I think), 32GB storage.

I would only need to view dwg files and maybe take some measurement. The actual drawing is done on a proper PC.

Should I use or can I use DWG Trueview?

(Theoretical the CPU of the tablet is to weak when looking at the system requirements.)

Or maybe something else.

Try 360

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/autocad-360/9wzdncrfjctk

I used it on a android and i liked it. They have made changes that restricted some of its abilities, but for what you need it sounds like it would do the trick... assuming the user experience is fairly similar between a windows tablet and the android.

I'm not certain for your build of the application. I tried opening just a dwg without a connection and it would not do it. I connected and once it loaded it to the cloud i could disconnect and it would allow me to load it. So perhaps if you have all the dwgs in the cloud and open it will download to local device. once they have been downloaded to device from cloud it looks like it can run them without a connection. kinda seems like a hassle, but thats just the free version, im not sure what a paid version can do.