Dynamo - Any MEP users using this?

wildirish317

I just discovered Dynamo last week. It's an Add-In for Revit that is basically a visual coding software (think AutoLISP for AutoCAD). It seems to have a lot of potential for automating tasks and accessing parameters that just seem inaccessible. I can't seem to find any posts on this site about it.

Download it here: http://dynamobim.org/

Good example video here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/getting-started/caas/screencast/Main/Details/a4a4d86e-5951-4a5d-b294-7c9386f51c2d.html

I'd like to hear who is using Dynamo and what they're doing with it. 8)

I opened it up, had a few go 'rounds with it but closed it immediately. Just not for me. It's for the programmer types. The guys over at RevitForum.org are making very good headway with it so far.

That's my initial reaction as well. I tried to follow a simple tutorial on dividing the air flows for a space evenly among the diffusers in that space. I cannot get the program to recognize the intersection of the diffusers and the space. It may be that I'm using Titus diffusers, and they don't actually intersect the space. :unsure:

Thanks for the reference to revitforum.org. I'll check it out.

Ah, the 'ol Titus diffusers. Those are the ones I use as well, although I stripped all the parameters and rebuilt it using my own. Just the geometry is left, but it was done well so I didn't even bother with creating a 24x24 lay-in from scratch. :)

The diffusers may not intersect the space, but have you tried turning on the Room Calculation Point within the Air Terminal Family? This way you can locate what "space" the diffuser is supplying.

And definitely check out RevitForum.org. IMHO, it's the #1 place for overall Revit support. Great following over there, and a few very good MEP guys that really help a lot.