Taper faces function

Slumi

Hello

I have some problem to solve. Firstly sorry for my poor English :cry:

Some 2d drawings where delivered to me and I have to make them smaller but in the way that every edge is moved into the drawings a certain dimension. It's hard to explain in words I think that .dwg will explain better.

I have attached two examples where the upper i cannot done. But the lower example is correctly.

In the .dwg there is also finally product.

Could you explain me how to do it properly ? In some objects i cannot set angle more then certain amount because "The Draft angle results in a self intersecting body"

I will be greatful for your help

Taper faces.dwg

I'm sorry to hear that. I took a look at your drawing but as soon as I realized splines were involved I stopped. I don't much care for them and hardly if ever need to use them in my day-to-day job.

I have found some solution, edit that object into the polyline whit high precision, then use "offset" then set distance - >object -> and direction .... ohh it was so easy ...

I have found some solution, edit that object into the polyline whit high precision, then use "offset" then set distance - >object -> and direction .... ohh it was so easy ...

Congratulations, nicely done, and thanks for sharing the solution which you used. :)