Minimise title block during multiple dwg open

andybeedub

Hi All

new to the forum but not to AutCAD

I'm on 2002 still with Windows 7 but havng worked in other offices its a common problem

When a dwg is minimised it sits in a very small box in bottom LH corner, when multiple dwgs open and minimised it is impossible to see which dwg is which. On maximising the wrong dwg and then minimising it is so fast i cannot trace where in the stack each dwg sits.

I'd like the dwg title to appear when the cursor hovers each minimised title - is this possible??

Or any other tips?

An alternative is not to reduce the dwgs to minimum size and have them all open stacked but with 6 or 7 dwgs open this has failings too.

thanks for helping

cheers

andy

Part of the problem may lie in the fact the program you are using was originally issued 14 years ago. In computing terms that is somewhat old. AutoCAD has evolved and in doing so there are features in new releases you don't have in 2002 and wouldn't be able to add unless you had access to the programming code which you don't. Maybe there is an add-on program that will give you the functionality you seek or another way of addressing the problem via a custom lisp routine.

This has been solved many times in a variety of ways. Let's start with something native to AutoCAD 2002. If I remember correctly, there is a menu called window that shows a list of open drawings. It was limited to nine drawings. Any more than that would require opening a window to see the entire list.

I tend to tab through the drawings. It has been so long since I used 2002 I am not sure if you could do that back then.

instead of minimizing the drawings I just have all of them open and when I want to go to another drawing I hit (ctrl & tab) it cycles through all of them in the order they were opened.

I am the type that doesn't like to use the tabs at the top of the screen unless I have too. If I can type in what I want, I do it that way. I have a lot of short cuts in my express command alias editor.

Hope this helps

Robdraw Window is in 2016 and been there for a long time.

squareknees are you opening one session of Autocad or multiple sessions ? There is a variable that sets this mode SDI 0