Transparency

buttonbutton

can anyone help:

I am having trouble plotting to pdf

I have os tiles (tiff) inserted into my drawing and am needing to make it transparent, it works ok if I plot straight to the printer but when I publish to pdf it doesn't show the transparency even when the preview shows that it has applied ..

I need to use (VP) transparency instead of brightness/contrast/fade as I have different viewports that I need to show without Transparency.

I have page set up transparency ticked

I have the plottransoverride to one

is it an adobe issue ?

anyhelp/ advice/ direction would be great

..... it works ok if I plot straight to the printer but when I publish to pdf it doesn't show the transparency.

What PDF print driver are you using?

Is this a different page setup?

If so, is transparency enabled in the PDF page setup?

qaz.png

Thanks for the response but sorry I don't know what print driver is ??

I have adobe acrobat xi standard and there is no settings for trans...

Are you plotting with the AutoCAD DWG to PDF.pc3 in the plot manager?

Usually, if the preview looks correct, the problem is with properties settings in the Plotter/Printer itself.

It would help a lot if you could show some screen shots of the plot settings and provide enough of the drawing to indicate the problem.

merge control was the same as what you posted but ..yes am plotting DWG to PDF.pc3 ... (kinda) I copied that output then modified it to push out the printable area by adjusting the margins .... but I have noticed that if I use the default (unmodified) dwg to pdf.pc3 it works perfect ! (only need to resize my layouts now) ... I must has modified it in the settings but cant seem to find any option relating to transparency in those settings .. thanks again for pointing me in the right direction

actually scrap that last post .. didn't realise I still had the raster image adjusted to give me the same affect ... basically am trying to tone down the colours in a certain viewport without using image adjuster ... at a loss now .. it has to be adobe not picking up on the transparency .. its ok when I print a hard copy but don't want to print then scan to have a digital !!! ??

pp.jpg

I would believe this is somehow about the way Adobe handles transparency.

Can you post the actual .dwg? Just enough so that the problem can be duplicated.

this is what it looks like and what am needing it to look like .. the big blue ? is a query I have relating to the drawing .... as you can see I have a second viewport incorporated in the layout that I want to keep bold the fail looks too cartoonish and obscures the data am trying to present .. cant post the dwg

pdf.jpg

fail pdf.jpg

its ok when I print a hard copy but don't want to print then scan to have a digital !!! ??

I've had to do this before when the PDF plotter failed to recognize a shaded image. It was one sheet in a 70ish sheet project.

.... but I have noticed that if I use the default (unmodified) dwg to pdf.pc3 it works perfect ! (only need to resize my layouts now) ... I must has modified it in the settings but cant seem to find any option relating to transparency

Whether or not transparency is enabled is saved in the Page Setup.

Find your layout.

Right-click on the layout tab and click on Page Setup Manager

Choose the current page setup from the list and click Modify.

Is "Plot Transparency" checked ON?

After you verify this, click OK, and close.

Now run the PREVIEW command.

Does it look right?

fire6.jpg