AutoCad Installation Problems

LtIvan

Allo

Introduction:

I have had several problems installing AutoCad 2014 64bit on my computer. I am using an educational license. I actually intended to post this on the Autodesk forum but the "Post" button doesn't work for "New Message" and actually a suggestion to combat this would be helpful

Situation:

First I have tried the "Install Now". It first goes through the license details, I click "Run" to download, (using explorer, but I have tried on chrome), this then goes through a couple of things like extracting then to the Setup Installation with the AutoCad image and down the bottom "Initializing" and then "Downloading..." above the bar. The bar shows no progress as it is full.

I then tried doing both the "Download Now" and "Browser Download" (which judging by some tutorials) leads me to "Setup" application in the Autodesk folder. I run this and leads me to filling out my license details like product key and some other options then to the option Install on this computer which I press. This leads to a nice slideshow of AutoCad Models and down the bottom it has a "Overall progress bar 21 of 22" and then up the top ".Net Framework 3.5" installing bar which shows some progression but stops when it fills the bar and does what the "Install Now" Initializing does.

Conclusion:

I have gave up on other threads on forums since not only the solution but situation is very vage and not sure if it is the same as mine and before you say I have turn of my Anit Virus Software.

I have considered it could be the public wifi I am using since I don't like downloading and installing on my own wifi but I gave it a try and it seems that is similar to the other wifi.

Please help.

What OS are you running?

Did you also disable the UAC?

Does your computer meet the minimum recommend specs for running AutoCAD 2016?

Have you tried contact AutoDesk directly?

Why not download 2016, have you tried download "save" rather than run not sure if educational version allows that, we have 2016 on a usb 9Gb but its a licensed copy. Not sure if you can use a dvd, usb copy etc but with your correct serial number for educational purposes, this may be a way around the down load problem if you can borrow one, contact Autodesk to find out, the school your at may be able to help. I would expect problems on a public network for 9 Gb.

What OS are you running?

Did you also disable the UAC?

Does your computer meet the minimum recommend specs for running AutoCAD 2016?

Have you tried contact AutoDesk directly?

I'm running Windows 8.1 64bit.

I tried disable the UAC but it did not work.

I'm trying to install 2014, ( I'll explain further).

I though I might try asking a forum first before that.

Why not download 2016, have you tried download "save" rather than run not sure if educational version allows that, we have 2016 on a usb 9Gb but its a licensed copy. Not sure if you can use a dvd, usb copy etc but with your correct serial number for educational purposes, this may be a way around the down load problem if you can borrow one, contact Autodesk to find out, the school your at may be able to help. I would expect problems on a public network for 9 Gb.

The reason for 2014 is because my computer is from 2015, (presumably early), and the graphics card, hardware and drivers might not be able to run it and assuming that some hardware might be an extra year old, so 2014 but I'll try some of the other version. I think I tried 2016 and it at the same problem, I can't remember, (I've been re-installing and doing multiple attempts to troubleshoot).

I'll try saving it instead of running it. I only really need AutoCad in a years time when I revisit a graphic technology course at my school but I love using AutoCad that I am trying to get it early so I have not consulted with my school yet.

I have not at the time tried some of your suggestion BIGAL, mainly because I have just read this.

But could it be something to do with the fact that it stops on '.Net Framework 3.5 sp1' in Setup.exe?

Thanks all for the input.

Post specs of pc graphics card brand model.l 2015+ needs at least Intel HD4600, 2013 will run happy on Intel HD4000 for on board graphics.

Stopping during install maybe your virus checking software something that happens to us as we have to get IT to turn down the checking level during install. 2016 ours errors on 1st part of install Direct x so we contact IT.

At this point I don't think you'll be successful until you first remove everything you have installed. There is a procedure posted at the AutoDesk website about prepping a system for a "clean" install that you need to follow.

I empty my whole temp folder accept one called '_MEI50362' which I was not able to delete.

I later delete and uninstalled all the Autodesk attempts I tried.

Turned off my UAC and other things.

However I thought it will be best to try and install .Net Framework 3.5 sp1 full from the Microsoft website. However trying to install it lead to it being stuck on 'Searching for required fields'. I later tried to enabling it through 'Programs and Features' 'Turn Windows features on and off' but it came up with the same issue.

I then ignored this and re emptied my temp folder and tried the three ways to install AutoCad, 'Install Now', 'Download Now' and 'Browser Download' all having the one issue with the initializing. I uninstall each after I tried them before moving on to the other form of installing. I emptied my temp folder each time aswell and while doing that two more folders that I could not delete, '381DD4F6-AC44-4FCA-B78D-A8643981A9CF' and '_AI4AB7.tmp'. I found I also could not delete the AutoDesk folder in the C drive.

My computer is a Surface Pro 3.

Windows 8.1 64bit

8GB RAM (8192MB)

DirectX 11

Direct Draw, 3D and AGP texture acceraltion all enabled.

Intel HD Graphics 5000

1792 VRAM

Intel Core i74650U 1.7GHz 4 CPUs ~2.4GHz

187GB free hard drive.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for the input.

I have contacted Autodesk but I am still convinced it has something to do with the '.Net Framework 3.5 sp1' since trying to install it directly or enabling it does not work must have some link with the Setup trying to install it.

I think it might be more of a Microsoft issue then Autodesk but who knows, lets see what Autodesk has to say about the issue.

I have contacted Autodesk but I am still convinced it has something to do with the '.Net Framework 3.5 sp1' since trying to install it directly or enabling it does not work must have some link with the Setup trying to install it.

I think it might be more of a Microsoft issue then Autodesk but who knows, lets see what Autodesk has to say about the issue.

AutoCAD won't install without the proper .NET Framework. I think you are right about this. It's a bear of an install and probably best not to do it on public WiFi or anything other than a fast very reliable one. A wired connection to the internet might be worth a try for this.

I was able to get AutoCad 2015.

Firstly I did not realize I had my Windows Defender on.

Also I had to it with my wifi.

I was able to get pass the 'Initializing' on 'Install Now' option. I presumed this had something to do with the Windows Defender. But it was still stuck on the .Net Framework 3.5 sp1 when I got to the installation wizard. I then tried 2015 instead of 2014 thinking 2015 might I required 4.0.

Instead the 2015 installation wizard actually gave you the option of installing .Net Framework 3.5 sp1. I tried installing it but it hanged on 'Downloading'. I instead skipped it and my AutoCad seems to work fine with out it.

Thank you all for your input. Sorry about the one mistake with Windows Defender, did not know it counted as AV.

Thanks.

I'll post a screenshot of something soon.