Revit Training Manual

bennyboy86

hi all,

so i have done an online training course for revit witch contained only videos which was fine, but i wondering is there a downloadable training book? im old school and would rather read it.

thanks for your help.

There's not really one. I mean, granted, the Help file (which is online) is very well organized and can be read start to finish as a step by step to get acquainted with Revit, but it'd be best buying an actual book. Any of the "Mastering" series are good. If architecture is not your main field, still get an Architecture related book as it makes the most sense while learning Revit on your own.

ok great will look into that, good news for me is just accepted a new job and they going to train me in revit, finally a company that is willing to do that, talked to like 6-10 who just wanted the experienced people well there arent that many of them here where i live so was quite annoying have 10 years experience and means nothing, but these guys will train me so happy days, but i want a book so can work out stuff on my own without annoying the senior revit guys to much, i learn best figuring out stuff on my own.

ok great will look into that, good news for me is just accepted a new job and they going to train me in revit, finally a company that is willing to do that, talked to like 6-10 who just wanted the experienced people well there arent that many of them here where i live so was quite annoying have 10 years experience and means nothing, but these guys will train me so happy days, but i want a book so can work out stuff on my own without annoying the senior revit guys to much, i learn best figuring out stuff on my own.

As in structural?

We regularly hire (civil) people who don't know software. At the end of the day anyone with a good attitude can be taught.

yep structural

where i live practically they want a fully trained revit person, i have had several interviews and im perfect in all ways except very limited revit..... really painful when been working hard at a job i have always wanted and love to get shot down like that. but finally found a company who will train people. not sure if its just the market at the moment where i live from talking to recruiters if i wanted to move to another state down south could easy get one, but im settled with my wife and kids and love where i live, so not an option.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You can go on the internet and type in Mastering Autodesk Revit MEP 2015 and you need to go down to download and you will see there are 23 chapters ready to be downloaded for your use.

Have a good day.

• 1 month later...

so just refreshing on this post.... been in new company for about 3 months and using revit full time, all going well, I ended up going to book depository and bought Mastering Autodesk Revit Architecture 2016, pretty helpful use it often to get me through a few issues I have come up against. but luckily for me the drafting team leader here is fantastic and good teacher so has made the transition from cad to Revit fairly easy.

I've found Australia and New Zealand to have a strong Revit community from what I can tell through online member-based forums and professional services being advertised. Glad you found a good spot where you have a mentor to guide you along inside the rails. AutoCAD to Revit transition is very hard for most and if someone is there who can explain to you "why" you do it this way in Revit instead of that way in AutoCAD is makes to process so much smoother. When wandering the desert alone on this transition, revelations aren't usually a common thing on the platform differences.

Three months in a plenty of experience. Keep it going. About the one or two year mark you'll be a guru and you'll wonder why you used AutoCAD for so long. :)

-TZ