Scale dimensions

Please give me some keywords to solve the following:

I'm using Autocad 2016, and drawing the bluepirnts of a house. Everything is measured in meters, so the unit is set to meter. The plan will be used later to construct a scale model of the house. 1/150th scale model of the original.

What I would need:

During drawing I'd like to "switch" the whole drawing to 150 times smaller, so all dimensions will be at the size of my scale model where I can measure or edit and then go back to the original size.

Now I'm making a copy of everithing to a new file and scale it down by the suitable factor to get the 150 times smaller sizes that will fit to my later model.

It is not a powerful way, everytime I change something in my original drawing I need to make a new copy and scale it down again.

I hope autocad has a function for this, I've read about associative dimensions but I found it's not what I need. (or just I didn't understand it well)

thank you for any ideas

It sounds like you are doing everything in model space when you should be making use of paper space layouts and viewports.

Attach a copy of the drawing you have thus far to your next post and someone here will take a look at it.

Don't change the drawing - Change the dimensions!

Draw at 1:1 scale. In order to get your 1/50 scale dimensions create a new dimension style with the value set to 0.02 (I'm on my phone right now, so I can't show you how this is done - sorry).

Put each dimension style on its own layer so that you can make use of layouts and viewports to show the 1:1 dimensioned drawing and the 1/50 scaled drawing on the same sheet if paper.

If it were me I'd probably use the "alternative units" in the dimension style. That way you'd have the real-world value above the line, and the scaled distance below it.

dJE