Write LISP to run on an entire folder

mick_swartz

Hi all,

So I'll preface this, with I'm not terribly familiar with LISP. Now that we have that out of the way, we currently have a LISP routine that updates all of the text styles used in a drawing to a common font, Romans. However, this obviously only works on one individual drawing at a time. There are times where we can get hundreds of drawings from vendors that need to be updated, and doing this one by one is a bit cumbersome to say the least.

Is there a way to get a LISP routine to execute on an entire folder? I've been searching for a while, but haven't found a solution that seems to work.

I know I could write a batch file and a script and run them, but I would really like all the code to be contained in one .lsp file if possible.

Thanks for the help!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
On 3/3/2016 at 5:37 PM, Lee Mac said:

Excellent to hear, you're welcome!

Lee,

I have tried to utilize the Script Writer. It will open the first drawing but it won't close & open the next.

_.open *file* _.KCOBK _.close

2 hours ago, JWisniowski said:

Lee,

I have tried to utilize the Script Writer. It will open the first drawing but it won't close & open the next.

_.open *file* _.KCOBK _.close

As I put in my response to your email - I would suggest enabling command line logging (LOGFILEON) and then reviewing the command line history for the opened drawing to understand why the script is terminating early.

17 hours ago, Lee Mac said:

As I put in my response to your email - I would suggest enabling command line logging (LOGFILEON) and then reviewing the command line history for the opened drawing to understand why the script is terminating early.

Never got your email. Weird. I have looked at the logs and, I apologize as I am not super well versed in all this. I know enough to be minimally dangerous. It appears as though everything is working up until my .scr file runs the final command _qsave. After that I have (2) blank Command: lines. For some reason, my script line will not execute the _.close function. I may find the answer before you would be gracious enough to reply but any additional help would be appreciated!!

Screenshot 2023-12-12 075153.png

13 minutes ago, Steven P said:

Are you able to post your LISP code in case there is something in that?

;Revit to CAD Background Change
(defun c:KCOBK ()
  (progn
    (c:BurstAllBlocks)
hp    (c:DeleteHatchByPatternName)
    (c:ChangeAllHatchesToNone)
    (command "SETBYLAYER" "All" "" "" "")
    (c:PurgeALL)
  )
  (princ)
)
;-defun

is the HP a typo ? or is it part of (c:BurstAllBlocks)

All the lisps need to be set to run and not have a command input.

Are all the programs preloaded ? Maybe in start up suite, If not load then run.

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1