Annotative Block Scales

MEPGuy

Yes it can be done. Tested and approved.
I have to see it done, nothing I have tried except for visibility states (NOT using annotative scaling) can make it happen. The whole purpose of annotative scaling is to prevent this very thing.

One annotative block, displayed simultaneously at two different annotative scales, and only those scales in modelspace.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobDraw

• Dana W

• MEPGuy

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably not directly, I was thinking more along the lines of "faking it" TBH.

In state 1 you'd draw the block as you want it to appear at Annotative Scale (AS) A.

In state you'd draw the block as you want it to be appear at AS B.

I've never used annotative blocks, only text. Is it possible to have different linework/content at different scales (could you for example have hatch at one scale but not at another - I know it can change the density of hatching), or is it just a case of managing the scaling of the block itself?

dJE

Yes, you can draw state 1 at 1:1, then scale the rest of the states non-annotatively. Then insert the block and choose a different state for each inserted instance. However the block must not be annotative, or the vis state choices would change with the view scale.

The setting is per view. So the viewports can show only the scale assigned to them and model space can display all of them. I'll try to get some screen shots demonstrating this but I have trouble arranging images in posts.

The setting is per view. So the viewports can show only the scale assigned to them and model space can display all of them. I'll try to get some screen shots demonstrating this but I have trouble arranging images in posts.
Precisely, the settings are per view. That is why two instances of an annotative block will not display simultaneously in modelspace at a single different scale visible for each instance at the same time.

Here's your proof. Each instance of the block is assigned a different annotation scale. Each block has only one scale assigned to it. If there is more than one scale assigned to any instance, this does not work for that instance.

The setting I was referring to was ANNOALLVISIBLE.

ANNOVISIBLEALL.PNG

Here's your proof. Each instance of the block is assigned a different annotation scale. Each block has only one scale assigned to it. If there is more than one scale assigned to any instance, this does not work for that instance.

The setting I was referring to was ANNOALLVISIBLE.

It's funny that I was just mulling this all over and had an epiphany just before you posted this.

You know Rob, you are correct. The thing I was missing conceptually, is that the annotation scales are assigned to each inserted instance of the block, rather than to the block entity itself. I have not used annotative blocks even one time, and for some reason I had an incorrect concept that somehow they were different.

I'd say that I had been wasting everyone's time, except that after all of this we, especially me, have learned something.

After 7 years of using annotative dimensions and multileaders, and doing this very thing with them, this morning it dawned on me that a dimension is after all, just another block.

I am going to spend the rest of the day testing out whether Stillwater Brewery Whiplash IPA complements Crow Pie.

Um, your outlets should be at 42" AFF for residential work. :lol: There I go sticking my hand in the blender again.:lol:

I hope the OP has read to the end of this thread so they can see that I realised my position was erroneous.

Dana, I don't do residential and seldom do electrical anymore. I chose an outlet only because the OP mentioned them. It does apply to any object with annotative scaling applied to it. I'm sorry you feel like eating crow but am glad that you have an appropriate way of dealing with it. It's early afternoon here now. It's very cold with brutal wind chills here so, I will join you with enjoying some beer. I wish I had some good IPA, though.

Don't worry about the outlet height. I just saw it as a chance to be right about something.:P

It's about 70 F here in Oviedo Florida, so I got that on ya too.

Eating crow is all part of being a professional. It's in my job description. Besides, I get to serve it up on a buffet table often enough to make it worthwhile.

If you like IPA, the Swee(t)water Brewery IPA's are darn good for a larger market beer. The whiplash is WAAAAAAY on the hoppy side, but I like dry beer. Get some in the Spring when Mother Nature lets you out of the igloo. Swee(t)water doesn't play at trying to please the unwashed masses. I think they are better than a lot of the local micro's down here. They don't even have giant horses or puppies.

Guess which word the laughable censor bot wouldn't let me imbed in the middle of swee(t)water.:rofl:I didn't even know it was there until the ****'s pointed it out.