Bending the side of a steel tube

SuperCAD

Here's a fun one for you. We're trying to accurately display this in our models, but we're not having any luck with what we know. Basically we're cutting a couple of tapers through a steel tube (3" x 1-1/2" x 11g) and then we bend the flanges in towards the center. Then the end is capped and the gaps are welded shut. This is all we have so far. The flex feature isn't helping, and I can't get the deform tools to work. Any ideas?

We're open to doing this either as part of a weldment, or making the tube as an extrusion. Whichever is easier to show this.

Bend Tube Flange.jpg

Ill play with it but I believe sketched bend is the tool you want in sheetmetal. Do you need to have it shown un bent or need cutlist data at a certain point in the design?

I tried using the sketch bend and I get a message stating that the "selected entity does not belong to a sheet metal body." I then converted it to a sheet metal body and an error stating "Failed to make the Sketched Bend" pops up.

It would be nice to show it un-bent for a process drawing. We can get around the cutlist data so that isn't important.

I see now from the image it is a structural member.

I can make the geometry no problem but showing it bent vs flat will come from the as welded config. From the screen shorts horrible colors I see you are on sw16 also. It will be tonight before I can put something together but ill link a file you can download